Whats up with HMEM?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and why not
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
?? funny not an active member, but you ***** about it,
sound like my neibour's girl friend
Well, I said that if someone feel offended, or see that my post is out of place, that please ignore it.

Yet you pass judgment on me, as your neighbor girlfriend... I got it, if you dont participate, then stay off. pretty clear.

I was part of this forum before as I´m now, the fact that I do not post new threads anymore does not automated deleted my account, see?

I watch the forum every day, seeing its evolution and of course enjoying its content, thats a passive role, but still I feel a part of it.

But, thank Canadian Horsepower, you gave me one more reason to stay not active.

Pd: Thank TIN for the kind words.

Saludos

Well said Anko we are all not as young as we us to be, I hope the day never comes that I can use my tools but that day we'll come for all!! As they say if I'd known I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!

If it helps any, and As a Relative newbie, I actually found this place through google. It kept coming up in the search results. However, it wasnt because of articles. It was more for the forum content itself. Usually my assumption is, that if something keeps coming up in search results, it is a good knowledge base.

With what Ive seen here, Im pretty correct, but I could also be the result of marketing.

After a long absence, I have come back to something new and saddening. Upon arrival, I thought I must have gone to a different site. Lots of strange stuff.

I am just passing through but I hope everything works out. Later

Ray

I'm with Chris. I ran across this forum while searching for something else on Google. I felt I ran into a gold mine, I appreciate the wisdom and insight from folks here. I used to lurk and slowly became more involved, you might say more invested. I admit I do lurk on other sites but when I sit down at the computer the mouse just moves to bookmarks and HMEM. Maybe for me it's easy to like it just the way it is because I wasn't involved back in the day, I never had to walk seven miles to school uphill both ways. Relax, and have a home brew.
Art

Anko,
my congradulations to you to post a very good and thought provocative post, I don't think you offended anybody, because we are all mature adults, we need good input as what you have given us, thanks for posting some good information to help us understand better how to go with the changes that the forum must undergo.

We really could use you as an active member again, you have a lot to contribute to this hobby.

I got it, if you dont participate, then stay off. pretty clear.

people sure like to interpret things that I NEVER SAID
and then they sound like the victim .....................
is that how it work to get attention ??

Guys settle breath relax.
Remember all are welcome here who want to learn about model engine building and show respect.
Sometimes listening or in this case reading is the most important involvement.
The reader is here learning and informed with what is happening here.
And when you do post try to make other feel welcome. I know a little friendly banter can sometimes misinterpreted

I think the focus here needs to be how to Generate quality articles that educatete and attract new members.
I know these are a new concept new to me as well. But think about it how many tines have folks come on the forum to ask how do I perform this very basic machining task or make this part common to all or most engines. You can fill in the blank or use your imagination here. And of course this topic has been discussed a dozen times before.
Will well written well organized well cataloged articles new folks can search and read up on some of the basics. Then ask questions based on a basic knowledge of the subject.
So easier to learn for the new folk and less frustration from guys who have been here since the beginning of creation(of this forum) .
Tin

I've closed this thread as it's degenerated from it's original purpose.

I have heard your complaints, and I appreciate them. I am working towards a solution that will work for all of us.

I will let you guys know when I implement a new system, but till then if you have any questions please contact me directly through pm.

I really appreciate everyone's insight and look forward to releasing a program you will all be interested in participating in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back