What to build next---

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
The "Beam engine at double scale" is finished except for polishing, and has been a most rewarding experience. I was fortunate, in that my regular work load of designing prototype machinery has been slow thru the last 3 weeks, (one 60 hour contract designing semi automated drilling and tapping machinery for Bosch aluminum extrusions). This left me free for a major thrash to get the engine finished and running. I'm a bit burned out right now on machining, and I quoted a 160 hour job today designing heat treat fixtures for drill rods for the mining industry, and hope to have a purchase order on next Tuesday. What will I build next?-I'm really not sure. I need to charge my mental batteries a bit, and see what develops. I think I have built enough engines for a while. Probably the next thing I undertake will be something to run with one of my engines. I may still build a bubble machine, the only down side to that is that they are a messy, soapy thing, and would require a lot of clean up and maintainance each time it was ran---and I really don't need that. Be assured though--when I do decide on my next project, HMEM will be the first to know.---Brian

Back