What is Karma and at 70 why am I called a newbie

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Springbok

Reaction score
What is Karma and at 70 why am I called a newbie (though in someways find it flattering) as have been ME for 60 years and an engineer for about 50
I find it slightly insulting.
Is Karma some type of 60s josstick type of thing !!! :) :) :)

Please do not throw your toys out of the pram when replying.

The term newbie is referencing the amount of interaction you've had with this forum, no reflection on age nor experience with machining.

Karma: Kudos from the readers if you contribute something of value to the forum.

I can break that down for you.

A member with less than 25 posts is a Newbie to the site.
After 25 to 100 posts the site will change the title to Advanced Member
At 101 + posts the title changes to Senior Member.

A member receives a Karma point when another member click the [applaud]
below their Karma count to recognize their input.

Rick

Actually you become a senior member when you have chugged a quart of bourbon, rassled a grizzly b'ar and copulated with an eskimo - in that order!

tel said:
Actually you become a senior member when you have chugged a quart of bourbon, rassled a grizzly b'ar and copulated with an eskimo - in that order!
Ah Tel, And just where did you find that Eskimo being as you are in wrong hemisphere
to find them? :)
...lew...

Its easy to find any culture in oz. I more worried about where he found the grizzly :big: :big:

Brock

ShedBoy said:
Its easy to find any culture in oz. I more worried about where he found the grizzly :big: :big:

Brock

I'd be more worried if he finds those bear hunting dogs one reads about. ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Yeah, so would I - eskimos and b'ars are a doddle compared to them!

It don't take much to get you Aussies going does it?....... ;D

Dave

An oh by the way....Vegimite works much better than dogs with drop bears....but you knew that already....

Dave

;D No shortage of drop b'ars around here either. Know a bloke who picked on up on the road a few years back and popped 'im on the back seat of the car - by the time the got home the upholstery in the back of the brand new Holden was in tatters!

Wierd but fun and very american. / australian...
Thanks for elucidation.

Bob

:) ;D :)

Hey Bob,
These Australians and Americans ... With that handle are you a fellow Sarf Efrican? I forget what we find funny, is it politics or religion? I was in the other boat, with minimal machining experience, I found myself a senior member.
Ant

Springbok said:
Wierd but fun and very american. / australian...
Thanks for elucidation.

Bob

:) ;D :)

No worries Bob and Antman, just humor over old past threads between friends. Welcome Bob, we try to keep it kind of light around here.
I'm from the US, Brian is from Cananda, and the rest of the contingent is Austrailian. ( I think)... ;D

No eskimo's , grizzly bears or drop bears, for that matter ,you might want to google that one, ....need apply

Dave

Well I don't what a drop bear looks like...but I'm told that putting Vegemite on your head keeps them from dropping on you!

:big:

Dave

I'm guessing it's a koala.

Cute looking little things but can't they carry some disease that is transferable to humans?

Having only seen them at the local zoos, the only other remarkable thing I know about them is that they have fingerprints similar to humans.

Latest posts

Back