Westinghouse Archives

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattMaie

Reaction score
I've been interested in building a scale model of the Westinghouse traction engine for a long time, but seemingly the only way I have to do it is to take one of the surviving ones apart, make measurements, then make scaled down drawings. This does not seem feasible, so the next best thing would be to see if Westinghouse has any sort of archives where they store old drawings and schematics. Does anyone here suppose that Westinghouse does have historical archives of some sort?

A quick web search finds a lot of business record archives for Westinghouse, but no luck with mechanical drawings. I suspect what you are looking for is sitting in a library somewhere and has not been digitized. Probably your best option is going to be to find that library and pay them a visit. If you ever do find what you are looking for, I hope you will let us all know about it, and post some files. Even if you look and come up empty handed, just knowing where not to look would be useful.

I found this link (farmcollector.com) which might be a good place to ask your question.

Good luck with your search.

Latest posts

Back