Westbury side paddle

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herbiev

Reaction score
Hi all. Just made a start on the Westbury side paddle engine. Plans were downloaded from Model- engineer.uk 1956 but the pics are very faded and just about impossible so see. Any advise on clearer pics greatly appreciated.

Hi Herbie
I`m sure you know that thread
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/showthread.php?t=6870&page=2 beautiful build of the westbury sidewheeler engine!
I found the plans, hope it is allowed to post them here
View attachment 2861-Side10.pdf

View attachment 2859-Side09.pdf

View attachment 2857-Side08.pdf

View attachment side-07.pdf

View attachment side-06.pdf

View attachment side-05.pdf

View attachment side-04.pdf

View attachment side-03.pdf

View attachment side-02.pdf

View attachment side-01.pdf

View attachment 2867-Side13.pdf

View attachment 2865-Side12.pdf

View attachment 2863-Side11.pdf
Have success with the engine I`m watching this as a fan of sidewheelers:)
Regards
Gerhard

PS.: Maybe a later project for me too.....................................

Attachments

• Side-14.pdf
    224.4 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Be aware that there is one drawing error on the inner frame. The 2-1/16" dimension for the crosshead support holes should be 2-11/16. Looks as if you haven't drilled these yet.

Good start.

Found it. In the 13 drawings posted above it's side-02.pdf, or if you have the older 2 pdf version, it's on page 9 of etw-sidewheel-paddlesteam-1.pdf. Any other errors known?

Chuck

Hi Kvom & Chuck
Thanks for informing us! I`ll keep it mind for corrections!
To make it clear is it the marked parts at the frame?

Inner Main frame.jpg
Regards Gerhard

I`m not so "educatd" in inches-drawings, I`m a "metric guy":hDe:
Thank you for showing the correct thing! I could have been reading the drawing better:wall:
Regards
Gerhard

Many thanks to everyone for your help. I shall keep you all posted on updates. Middle of winter here's atm so plenty of shed time.

Myself and my brother have made this engine so if you need any help or photos please ask
Don

Thanks Don. No doubt I shall be taking you up on your kind offer at some stage.
One question comes to mind regarding the cylinders. Did you use castings or bar stock ?

I have just ordered the drawings from myhobbystore here in the uk. £12.99

Thats a shame,i have a cd with the drawings and instructions,i could have send you a copy
Don

A riveting day in the shop. Waiting for bronze and cast iron from the other side of town

Couldn't get square bronze so it's a matter of making round pegs fie square holes.

Bearing blocks and retainers made. Now to start making chips on the big lump of cast iron. Ordered three times as much as needed to allow for my normal percentage of stuff-ups

Back