Welcome!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome 60Hz. I am sure we would all like to see some pictures of your shop and machines too. Its nice that they will continue to see service.

Regards,
Bill

Welcome to the forum b-n-60Hz.
Looking forward to seeing your progress.
I started just 1 1/2 years ago...this forum is the best help.

rudydubya said:
What kind of projects are you considering?

Thanks everyone for the welcome!
So as far as projects go, nothing until I first learn how to use my chisels. Once I know my Atlas model 618 and Shopmaster (still trying to ID it) inside and out, I will make some throw away pieces as practice, then the long term goal will be to make a practical steam engine capable of driving a 1 kw generator. You know, as sort of a "apocalypse" preparation LOL, a generator for when the electricity is gone, gas is not available etc. As long as I have wood and water I can make electricity! (Of course, solar panels and wind power are just as good except I cannot rebuild a solar panel if it breaks, and it seems to me to be easier to rebuild a steam engine than a wind turbine.)

But before I graduate to such a task I will have to make several models that work.

I will upload some photos of the Shopmaster when I get a chance, it is still in my late father's shed (a shed the size of a single wide trailer!), but when I bring it home I will need some help in identifying it unless I can make out the model off of the mfg. label.

Cheers

b-n-60hz

Hello,
my name is Frantisek, 37 years old and I live in the Czech Republik. I'm building and playing with steam or stirling engines.
Now, after reading this forum, I decided to build amazing Gerry's beam engine. One problem for me is re-count all holes to metric. Sorry for my english.

Welcome to the forum FuN.
I hope you have a camera. ;D

I was in Prague about a year ago. It was a wonderful experience.

I have a camera, of course ;)
You are right, Prague offer a lot of adventures.

Hello All!

I'm brand new to the site. I make springs and love to talk about anything spring :) If you have any questions, send me a message! Great to be here, and I hope to get to know you all soon.

PS ::),

Welcome to our forum wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Hello all,
I've made a few stationary steam models in the distant past, but have always maintained an interest in models but have been more involved with full size engines.
My background is engineering and I started out as an Armourer, then went into General Engineering and finished up real work as a Metrologist at a large dockyard that worked mainly on submarines.
Project at the moment is converting a small 2 stroke, from a Whipper-Snipper, to run on steam via a pair of rotary valves; one for starting and one for running, sort of a 'notched up' valve.

I live in the New England district of New South Wales, Australia.

HI Eoin i think you will enjoy the vast variety of things that happen in this forham
from bob in the uk

Eoin,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

And welcome from me as well. Used to work in the spring industry a couple of lifetimes ago.

Hi all,

after reading this board for a while I took the plunge and registered.

From my very early childhood I'm passionate about technology and steam locomotives in particular. Currently I'm an engineering student. Unfortunately almost every part of my study is theoretical, so I decided to live the dream and start constructing a homemade steamlocomotive (to gain practical experience and because it is something I always wanted). This was a "homemade Dacre" and it has been finished for a while now, so I started a new project: the design and build of a 0-6-0 gauge 1 steam engine.
This locomotive will be an altered and improved version of the Dacre. Besides more wheels I'm trying to add a Walschaerts valve gear, water gauge, whistle, insulated boiler etc.

Cheers, M

by the way: I'm from Belgium

Metal,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back