Welcome!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hans,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome to the forum Keith (Metalmuncher).
You say you've been lurking in the shadows so you know what needs to be done...
start a thread and show some pics! :big:

Welcome to the forum Hans (Gemhund).
Those are some very nice pieces.
Looking forward to more.

Hi to all:
I have been on this site for some time and thought that I would say hello.
I have always been interested in model making so when I retired in 2001 I thought that I would be busy making chips.
Well that didn't happen.
I went to a auction at a Vo-Tech school to buy some machine tools that I couldn't live with out, started talking to auctioneer about how it could have been set up better, and now I work about 50-60 hours a week part time doing auctions.

But along the way I have bought some perty good machines at very good prices.
So untill I retire again, I will lurk here and try not to step on any toes.

Gordo

Gordo,

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome to the forum Gordo.
If you come across interesting finds, I'll bet there' more than one member who'd like to see it.

Hello to all members, I thought that I have been a member for a little while now and better get involved. over the next couple of weeks or so I will post some pictures of my mini cnc machine shop I have built and also some pictures of my work. I have found this site a wealth of knowledge. The two main projects I have on the go at the moment are a kj66 turbine engine and also a 1/4 scale blown top fuel v8 engine. I am a fitter and turner by trade But work in the mining industry as a blast hole drill fitter and only get 1 week per month to carry out my desire for machining (not to mention the wife and kids)
I wish all members well chat soon. Baz (aka) rcfreak177.

RCF:
Welcome sound like you will fit in well here th_wwp I converted a mill and little lathe to cnc just need to find the time and motivationt to learn the programming and tweak them a bit,
Tin

Welcome Bazfrom another Aussie just a little north east of you ;)

Ian (seagar)
Coffs Harbour
N.S.W.

Baz,

Best Regards
Bob

I stumbled onto this wonderful site while searching for information about how to avoid a drill bit 'hogging' into brass! Not only did I find that information here but so much more I was compelled to join.
Hopefully, I will one day be able to return the favor by a worthwhile contribution.
I am located in Nipomo on the Central Coast of California, about 19 miles north of Santa Maria and 25 miles south of San Luis Obispo.
I have converted part of my garage into a shop and started machining after I retired. What little I know has been self taught and from sites such as this one.
All my projects seem to be beyond my capabilities but I grimly struggle through, some success, some not.
My present project is what the designer, J. Ridders, Netherlands, refers to as "a Simple 2-stroke engine' It is far to early for me to speculate on the likelyhood of a successful running engine.
I will be a regular visitor to this site and look forward to many hours of education.

Welcome to HMEM, Patron!

Hope you enjoy it here, we sure do!

Patron,

Best Regards
Bob

I've been monitoring this group for a while now and thought it was high time I made my presence known! I am a relative newcomer to our hobby having built Rudy's basic steam engine and Elmer's Open Column with Reverse. I am currently working on Elmer's Mill Engine but with a full time job and quite a lot of travel lately its taking a little longer then I had anticipated.
My shop is equipped with a Sherline lathe and mill as well as a King (Grizzly) 10 X 22. I also own a 4 X 6 bandsaw.
I have certainly learnt a lot from this site and admire not only the high quality of work found here, which I can only aspire to, but also the camaraderie.
Cheers,

Welcome Cole...you found the right place for camaraderie, information, inspiration, and pictures too in case you hadn't noticed.

Bill

Back