Wallaby

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got into the shed for a couple of hours today and contined on with the distributor, in the second pic I put the rotor button in for effect.
Its a nice snug fit which makes me wonder if I should give a bit more clearance for all those 10,000 rpm runs :big:
I'm tossing up making the Cap clear perspex for a interesting effect as I'm worried about wasting the rest of the plastic which will come in handy for my next engine.
Im going to give this vise a good clean and oil this arvo as the humidity has been a shocker of late.

Pete
dist1.jpg

dist2.jpg

It's coming along Pete!

one bit at a time....your doing fine!

Dave

Thanks Dave
I just wish the rain would go away, I nearly had a fit when I saw the rust in the photos, The flash really shows it up I guess as looking at the mill you could barely see it.
The Vise is All clean and oiled up now, but it was a bit of a shock.
Pete

My Camara has just about had a day I recon.
I lost all but one of the pics I took today which is a shame as I got a fair bit done.
I started by machining the Cam gear hub to suit the rotor button and then used up the last of my homemade brass barstock on the distributor conductor segments, I was a little worried about the distributor as the drawing does not tell me much, all the Dims have to be worked out from other parts etc and is a great big pain in the behind :big:
Pete
dist3.jpg

Hi Pete

It must be right - It looks just like the whats in the drawing :)

Bez

Hi Mate
I tell myself the same thing :big:
I did do a dummy install on the engine before I cut up the outer ring and everything seems to be lining up so fingers crossed.
Once I have the holes drilled for the conductors I'm going to machine the flange thingy for the central coil wire.
Have not decided if I will do the curve on the end or leave it as is, once I have a Cap ill look at it again.
Pete

I decided to do the curve on the end as I think the spring holder piller (that holds on the Cap) would hit the distributor as I had it. The rear exhaust pipe is done and the coil wire thingy is turned.
Its Looking better now I think but I'm wondering if my clear cap idea would look a bit tacky.
Pete
dist4.jpg

dist5.jpg

Hi John
Thanks Mate
I think most of the hard work is done now and I just have to go back and do all the little things I could not be botherd with before :big:
With any luck ill get her done in the next month or so ;D
Pete

Looking the part Pete!

I'll be watching carefully for what happens next. ;D cause I'll have to do it too!

Dave

Hi Dave
I was glad to hear that you have started your Wallaby Mate, but have not found the Post yet th_wwp
I really hope my thread motivates and inspires you Buddy, But i really doubt you have too much to learn from me ;D
I decided today to make the Distributor Cap out of the same material for one main reason. I have some! :big:
I have not been able to source any itsy-bitsy brass screws yet but I'm looking.
Pete

dist6.jpg

dist7.jpg

:bow: The Wallaby is really starting to come together well now Pete - Good going!

Kind regards, Arnold

Thanks Arnold
Once I have this timing cover/distributor/ oil pump assembly all buttoned up it will be all over but the shouting I recon
Pete
dist9.jpg

dist8.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Pete! :bow: I've learned plenty already from you!

What size screws are you looking for?

Dave

HI Dave
Thanks Buddy
I just had a look at the sheets and they are countersunk 8 BA in brass.
Im gunna need at least 14 about half inch long
I will ring Minitech tomorrow but if they dont have em I will have to think about a ring in :big:
Pete
EDIT
They have a pack of 25 for $16 bucks so im set.
I wonder how much for solid Gold :big:

Well BA I don't have, but any "American" threads I can get here. :big:

Let me know

Dave

metalmad said:
Thanks Arnold
Once I have this timing cover/distributor/ oil pump assembly all buttoned up it will be all over but the shouting I recon
Pete

Yeah I recon I know what you'll be shoutin too!

"WHERE'S THOSE PISTONS" :big:

:hDe:

Hi Mate
I heard u left town :big:
Pete

I Did some work on the valves today and am Happy with the cyl on the right of the pic, but both inlet and exhaust valves are leaking on the other cyl.
With just a bit of luck I should get em done tomorrow Arvo, they are not leaking badly.
Pete
v1.jpg

Latest posts

Back