Veterans Day

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
well it is Veterans day here in the US.
First of all thank you to all on the board who have served in the US forces during war and peace.
Second of all kudos and thank you to Applebee's restaurants for honoring the vets today with a free meal. I stopped for a nice dinner on the way home from work. They had an nice menu set up with available offerings. There was very little wait very friendly service.
Tin

My son is currently at Fort Hood and he was having to go look for an Appleby's that was making that offer. Seems the one in Killeen was not willing to feed the entire base...

Thanks to all that have served and are serving.

Just came home from one here in Abq. Of course the wife and grandaughter had to
pay for theirs but it was a nice thing for Applebys to do.
Sure was a lot of OLD folks there. :)
...lew... 50-53 Korea

Remembrance Day in Canada yesterday. The older you are the more emotional the day is. I started school two weeks after Canada declared war on Germany and finished two weeks after Canada became involved in war in Korea. Out of four boys in my graduating class, three volunteered the next week. One went to the US Airforce, one to the infantry and myself to Army Signals. The one in the infantry was one of the first casualties of the war. I didn't attend any parades. I don't need the publicity and I sure don't need any politician's speech.

As we were leaving a local eatery, I noticed a rather large fellow entering, wearing camo fatigues. His small daughter was leading him in by his finger. He had a smile on his face, but when I turned and called to him, his look almost turned defensive. I thanked him for his service and turned to leave. He stopped and stared for a moment.... then he thanked me.... He said it was the first time anyone had done what I did and he wanted me to know it meant something to him.

Like I said... he already had a smile, but he was positively beaming when his daughter once again took him in tow. Don't be shy.... take the time to say a word of encouragement to these guys. You'll feel the pride right along with them.

Steve

I too would like to THANK all you military personnel for a great thing you are doing.
you go and put your life on the lines for us and we all need to say thank you and when you all come home we need to take care of you as well. we need to do more for our men out there.

THANK YOU vets old and new

Rememberance day here in Aus on the 11th. For the very first time we had no vets from WWI marching in the parade.. they are all gone.... (for years now those that remained have 'marched' in the back of jeeps, but marched none the less).

Nice one Cedge, we should all say thanks before all the old timers are gone.... when our boys came home from Vietnam... they were vilified and some were spat on (yes SPAT on)..... Aus is addressing those wrongs...

I never saw active service but I wore aussie green skins and sprayed 7.62mm SLR rounds at many a threatening fibreglass pop up target... dont start me on the F1 subby...

A big hello to all our heroes, regardless of race.....

A belated Thank You to all who served.
:bow:

guys in retrospect I should have wished well and a thank you to all vets who have fought to preserve peace and a free world.
After all veterans day has its roots in the first world war and this is a global board. So a belated thank you and apologies for the other vets out there. In the UK, Canada, Australia, NZ etc. We could not have done it with out you.
Tin

Hey Cedge,

Sent my twins up to a group of guys in green at the airport recently and told them to say Thankyou! and give them a high five...( their seven years old)

I saw the same look you did..... ;D

Dave

I'm definitely belated to this thread, but yes, THANKS FOR ALL OUR PAST AND CURRENT FOLKS IN UNIFORM. The services they perform are what makes this country great and free !!

At my church last week, the pastor had all the past/current military folks stand up and we gave them a standing ovation !!

Mike

Back