Vakuum Motor (Flame Licker)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi ya, I have just tried to follow your "flame licker" lead , but I can't find it.
I must be doing something wrong, any chance you could ping me another link please.
Cheers
Graham

I've never attempted this flame licker.
The language is German and I'm still working on translating it.
http://www.rake60.com/photogallery/Vakuum_Motor.pdf

Your link is not working correctly. I goe to your website but nothing about the Vakuum Motor.
I have tried to get that .pdf translated to no avail. I was able to pick out a few words like brass and steel, but that's about it.
If you get it translated, can you share the results, please?

Chuck

Chuck

I tried to translate the .pdf file using Multilyzer, (which is supposed to be able to translate pdf files) but it just comes up with an error saying that it can only detect images.

Be that as it may, the drawings are quite clear and if you don't want to work in metric dimensions, do as Fraser suggested and convert to imperial by dividing the measurements given by 25.4.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Hi
the PDF used comes from a scanned magazine or a book, and therefore requires an OCR treatment ( if the resolution of the images is sufficient) to get a text (in German) that can be translated by the internet tools. No OCR : no text. This is only for the text of the Dr Bachmann paper, for the drawings, the ocr program will most probably returns a mess, too much mixes between text and lines.
I did the OCR, and can send you the german text file through a PM, I did not translated it since I read german, however I'm not sure if this allowed for a copyrighted document.

I have recently built this and it works quite well.
I have modified it slightly because of the materials available. cast iron is used for the bore and piston, an important part of running a flame licker is using a fiberglass wick in the burner, it will burn clean and not gum up the valve. this one needs the flame in exactly the right place for it to run. Singer sewing machine oil is used in the bore and valve.

Latest posts

Back