USS MONITOR SIDE LEVER ENGINE

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wce4

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
USS MONITOR SIDE LEVER ENGINE
Design by Bob Middleton
CAD drawings by Julius de Waal - imperial

MONITOR-201-FINAL ASSEMBLY VIEW-4.jpg
This is Where the Fun Begins, the Planning Phase.
MONITOR-IMPERIAL-A4-SHEET-07.png

https://modelengineeringwebsite.com/USS_Monitor_imperial.html

Well after having a productive high tech meeting with me myself and I and also with the Department of the Treasury (my better and smarter half, the wife) . We came to the consensus that we will be replacing BMS (bright mild steel) parts with aluminum that I have on hand.
So without further ado let the machining begin.
FRONT AND REAR OUTER BASE FRAME Done
FRONT AND REAR INNER BASE FRAME Done

Attachments

• DSC00057.JPG
    DSC00057.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
In fully understanding the difficulty getting the finance office to endorse the whims of the technical department I took an executive decision as CEO and determined that ALL decisions must be approved by the committee. Said Committee must consist of an odd number of members and shall not exceed one. As CEO I have the casting vote, hence the project always meets with full approval.
20231208_124717.jpg

In fully understanding the difficulty getting the finance office to endorse the whims of the technical department I took an executive decision as CEO and determined that ALL decisions must be approved by the committee. Said Committee must consist of an odd number of members and shall not exceed one. As CEO I have the casting vote, hence the project always meets with full approval.View attachment 151979

A very very brave man!

rotflmho

In fully understanding the difficulty getting the finance office to endorse the whims of the technical department I took an executive decision as CEO and determined that ALL decisions must be approved by the committee. Said Committee must consist of an odd number of members and shall not exceed one. As CEO I have the casting vote, hence the project always meets with full approval.View attachment 151979
Is that the Gizzard of Gozz?

I made it back to the shop today, was able to fabricate. :)
Part # 03-OUTRIGGER BASE FRAME x 2
05-BASE FRAME TIE ROD TYPE-A x 2
06-BASE FRAME TIE ROD TYPE-B x 4
Change BASE FRAME TIE ROD from round stock to hex stock. It was a Personal preference,
to me it looks better than round tubing what do you guys and girls think? 🤔
DSC00065.JPGMONITOR-IMPERIAL-A4-SHEET-07.pngDSC00066.JPG

It never cease to amaze me the many things a lathe can make.
From two piece of rectangle flat stock one can make a round split bearing.
DSC00073.JPGDSC00071.JPGDSC00072.JPGDSC00074.JPG
Part #10-REAR BEARING SPLIT LINING x2 completed
DSC00075.JPG
Part #08-FRONT BEARING LINING x2 completed
That completes all parts on sheet 7 of 14 now onto the next part sheet 8 of 14.

Taking an unscheduled vacation/holiday to the V.A. 🤢 so updates will be unavailable for a while.
Happy Holidays everyone. Hope to be back soon.
wce4,
Not entirely off topic...I have been treated very well at the local VA.
Hope your visit is not too serious.

Alan

Latest posts

Back