Using a rotary table

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,
I am picking up new ideas to use my DIY Rotary Table. Bought a US$5.00 Worm & Wheel from a hardware shop that sells drives while in South China. Will use same to DIY Vertical Rotary Table with divider plates to cut small spur gears for clocks. Divider prints came from "Milling--A complete course by Harold Hall,UK.
Your sourcing/scrounging/borrowing/trading expertise required to buy gear cutters to cut small tooth gears.
Been reading up on making/grinding profiled single bit gear cutter.But my hand profle grinding is junk.

Attached is foto of WIP----milling a "compass type spanner " for a friend to open up drags on expensive "Shimano"Spinner Reels.Cut my own tee nuts.R.Table made job alignment easy.Hand bar came from an old spinner reel c/w mini bearings.Cranking made smoother.

IMG_0483.jpg

For work holding on the rotary table I am half way through making an adapter for my lathe chucks so I can use any of them on the table. As I now have a D1-4 camlock spindle on the lathe a self made adapter is needed to facilitate the mating of the chuck to the table.
Here is where I am so far
adapter004.jpg

adapter005.jpg

and this attachment (bottom of the post) is what I hope it to be like when done - its a 3d pdf so I hope this works.

This is a pic of my wood beam engine with a better resolution
Roberto

Roberto - great engine - now I just need to get on with finishing mine (started a few years ago or more and just stopped...here is how it sits now...)
wood-beam002.jpg

Mike

View attachment D1-4-adapter-assy-3d.pdf

Ken I,
Again my thanks to you for clarifying what must seem very silly questions, but I can now see exactly what I need to do to get my set-up operational.
Thankyou for your time and trouble, and to the other members of this Forum who have helped shine a little light into yet another void of my ignorance.
Steamboat Willie.
PS I too like that wooden beam engine - very elegant!

Mike

Most of the work is done, and I think it's done very well! C'mon, just a little effort and we'll have another Wood Beam Engine running here. Thm:

Roberto

P.S. I have to admit a little bit of envy for your original plans...

That's a great idea Ken, I never though of using the RT as an angle plate. That really tickles me!

Jim

Latest posts

Back