Anyone care to suggest a value on this rotary table?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tevans9129

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this is not the appropriate group for this question. I have a 3-axis rotary table that I plan on listing on Craig’s list or possibly eBay but have no clue what price I should place on it. I would be most grateful if someone would opine as to a fair value of this tool. It is 30 plus years old and has been used very little. There is no known damage to the unit, other than needing some cleaning and new lubricant. The dials work smoothly but one is a little stiff due to lack of use.

Thanks for your comments/suggestions.

Attachments

• DSC_5316.jpg
    DSC_5316.jpg
    876.4 KB · Views: 415
  • DSC_5317.jpg
    DSC_5317.jpg
    916.8 KB · Views: 401
  • DSC_5320.jpg
    DSC_5320.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 395
If you send it to me with a $50 note and a Trump hat, I will let you know what I think it is worth. ;)

It's a rotary table fitted to screw controlled slide so perhaps it was fitted on a small jig-borer, could make a pretty good price on eBay especially if 2 or 3 people want it.
Looks well designed and good build with an unmarked table, all crisp looking.

After looking again it could be on 2 slides, there are 2 handles at 90 deg with the table rotary handle in the middle,
so moves in X and Y with a rotary function, I'm convinced it's from a small jig borer.

xpylonracer

Last edited:
It certainly is interesting. Great idea but since I mount my rotary table on the mill bed it is not really necessary. It would be great if you were using it on something like a drill press. I have not seen a three axis table before but I did not get out much even before this latest event.

My father used to have a Palmgren 8" cross slide rotary table. They still make one Link to Palmgren table

Just a quick search for " 8" cross slide rotary table " Brings up several. They seem to range from about $600 to a grand - new.
If you can determine the country of origin it would help a lot with putting a price on it.

Scott

Please forgive me if this is not the appropriate group for this question. I have a 3-axis rotary table that I plan on listing on Craig’s list or possibly eBay but have no clue what price I should place on it. I would be most grateful if someone would opine as to a fair value of this tool. It is 30 plus years old and has been used very little. There is no known damage to the unit, other than needing some cleaning and new lubricant. The dials work smoothly but one is a little stiff due to lack of use.

Looks like a Palmgren, hand wheels are rather distinctive.

paid $400 about 10-15 years ago for the one I have mine even haves the tilt for sine operations. It was used but did not have a mark on it. Palmgren for sure. MSC sales that model for 1600 bucks

Hi:
They use this type of turn table to make molds and patterns before CNC. The cross slides allows you
to mill a square or simuliar shape with round corners moving the part around on the turn table and reclamping
it each time. A real time saver in its day. They even made a K & T rotary head mill to do similar work and also
in 3D. It would cut a simi sphere pocket. Good Luck getting a high dollar out of it now. For $1,200 you could
put a CNC control on a small mill.

I am surprised Palmgren is still here.
I have own Palmgren rotor table in the pass and it work great

Dave

My father used to have a Palmgren 8" cross slide rotary table. They still make one Link to Palmgren table

Just a quick search for " 8" cross slide rotary table " Brings up several. They seem to range from about $600 to a grand - new.
If you can determine the country of origin it would help a lot with putting a price on it.

Scott

Latest posts

Back