Upshur FArm Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreeves

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I would like to share my Farm Engine with the group. This engine was designed by Dick Upshur. I built this engine several years ago but will never forget the time I spent with Dick before his death. I was lucky to live in the same town as Dick who was always willing to share his time. The engine is a 3/4 bore and I run it on Propane/map gas. I hope you like the engine.

sorry about the engine being dirty ???

P1010070.jpg

P1010066.jpg

P1010002.jpg

Me and Dick after first getting the engine to run
P1010071.jpg

Here is a video of the engine running

that's great good job how long did it take you very nice you should be proud and merry Xmas

I keep that photo 8x10 in my case behind the engine. I miss him greatly he was a true gentlemen. The engine took me about 2 weeks to do on my off time. I had to wait for cabin fever to come around again to get the cast flywheels to complete the build part. It took me a week of trying to get to run before I called Dick for help as always he told me to get in the car and come over. It took him just a few seconds to find the problem. He found that the exhaust valve was not closing all the way. He put it in his lathe which he kept in the 2rd bedroom closet and fixed the valve. I cant say enough how much he is missed

Latest posts

Back