Uploading pics from your phone.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jj-smith

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Due to only working with cell phones (yup...got rid of the pc's due to cost of system duality.)
I come to the problems of uploading pics to a site like this one and am stopped dead in my tracks as I do not have the knowledge pertaining to "cell phone pic uploading" :D

Does anyone have any idea as to how to go about this WITHOUT having to go through photobucket or a similar program?
Can it even be done?
It worked once for my avatar pic, but wil not do it again and that is probably due to not being able to downsize (or not knowing how to) the pics I take.

I cannot afford two cellphones with internet AND a system at home all at the same time, hence this question.

Any one have any experience or advice with this?

Thanks, J.

Personally, the easiest way is to install the photobucket app and let it automatically upload photos you take on your phone. You could also use Android phones uploading to Google+ but to me Photobucket is way superior to uploading to a specific site as you can share the photo on any forum..

Thanks Rod,

I do have a Photobucket account Rod, and now that I have a re-couperated laptop to hotspot with I will play with the pics again.

It's been a while since I did some uploading, and the last time I had trouble downloading pics to my computer that I had uploaded there.
I could only get thumb nails to download.

Anyway...Thanks for the reply, J.

I usually Email them to myself from the phone. Should also be able to get them off the phone with the cable you use to charge the phone plugged into a computer

Mike

I usually Email them to myself from the phone. Should also be able to get them off the phone with the cable you use to charge the phone plugged into a computer

Mike

Hi Mike,

I have done that and work a laptop again with my pics in a media player downloading both by wire and email, only when I am home, but I probably spend a good 80% of my time out there working and get home a day and a half or two days out of two weeks, so you can understand why I would like to simplify my time spent.

I wondered (and still think I can) if I could go directly trough the phone without any other means of transfer, IE being on HMEM with either of the phones and without leaving the site, access the pic and load it that way.

The reason I ask is that I work with those two phones divided over two countries, the trouble with the two phones are sometimes overwhelming enough to want to chuck them in the river and watch them bubble, and take my pleasure from that :wall:

Having to upload from a computer is another pain and an extra machine and even more time to deal with, and I can tell you,... I get irate when it all screws up to say the least.

I can download the app for Android for Photobucket (Which I will probably do now) but just wanted to know if pic transfers could be done straight from the phone.

Thanks for the reply Mike, regards, J.

Latest posts

Back