Unknown engine by J.H.Neville ? 1962

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cboomf

Reaction score
Hi, This engine was found during the clear our of my uncles shed.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

It appears to be made from castings, so we assume there must be some published drawings of it somewhere.

It appears to be a 4 cylinder 2-stroke engine, it has a water pump feeding the water cooling from the green tank, a battery box at the far end and a small round (rusty) petrol tank.

On one side of the engine is what looks to be a catch tray/area for something (fuel?) coming out the throttle body.

It is missing the exhaust although the manifold is intact and one spark plug is broken. The spark plugs are identical and are marked as K L G mini 2.

Does anybody have any further information on this engine ?

The next step will be to introduce some two stroke oil, turn over by hand to lubricate (the sump is completely dry by looking at the dipstick)
then some water in the tank, add some fuel and a battery then see what happens ....

If anybody sees anything dangerous here that we may have missed, please let me know before I blow myself up :)

Thanks !!!

Edit : I should also add that it is very easy to turn over and the exhaust beat can be heard from the exhaust port

Last edited:
Awesome, thats the one !! Thanks JasonB :)

Even better that they still sell drawings and castings should anything need replacing.

Latest posts

Back