Trying out "Image Shack"

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, People--Please help me out. What photo hosting site is going to let me host pictures on third party systems and will actually display the pictures in the post, not just the link. Now that Photobucket has bit the dust, I need an alternative. Image shack and "Imgur" definitely will host the pictures, but I want something very much like Photobucket that will display a picture in my post. I don't mind paying up to $50 a year for this .---Brian

Brian try downloading PHOTOSCAPE.This allows you to reduce the file size,crop and add text etc.Very simple.I use it to adjust images before i upload to host
Then all my photos are are kept in the computer and the smaller file size
uploads quicker to host.I too will be looking for alternatives and will try this
regards barry

Thanks Barry--I'm happy with Image Shack, it does everything I want without having to do anything extra. I only have to put the photo size in once, and it remembers it forever afterward. It seems to be as simple as Photobucket was, and roughly the same price.

Hi Brian - Just a word of caution. I used to use Imageshack before I used Photobucket. It was completely free when I signed up, then after about 6 months of use they changed their terms of service overnight with no warning just as Photobucket has done now. I lost access to all my photos and they stopped displaying in my posts. I didn't want to pay anything to get them back when there was a perfectly fine free substitute in Photobucket so I changed. Who knows if they'll change again with zero warning once they've absorbed enough of the outflow from Photobucket. Personally I'm looking for a company with a bit more respect for it's users, but it could be a very long search.

Cogsy--nearly all of the picture hosting sites have a free 30 day try-out option to suck you in. Then when the 30 days are up they say you have to have a paid subscription or you lose what you posted during the 'free" month. I paid my money up front before I posted anything to Imageshack.

I've been using Flikr for years. No cost and I'm very happy with it. That's where I store all my build photos.

Back