• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

top slide

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krv3000

Reaction score
HI all I'm still on the hunt for a topslide for a compact 8 or smiler

What's it for, is it to fit a compact or can it be from a clark/chinki'e 300.
i also have a saddle/slide,bed for a axminster c1

Steve

just a thought you don't mean a taper turning slide as in that case sorry no

I saw a blurb on the web about the chines 9x20 being a copy of the compact 8 those should be easy to come by.
I do not know how similar they are.
Tin

HI Steve my lath is a compact 8 when I got the lathe it did not have a top slide i got a top slide of eBay for a miford Lm7 I had to mack up a adapter plate for this to fit as tin says it looks as if a one from a 9x20 wood fit strate on looking at a 1 from a Clarke 300 it wood have to be modified to fit as the fixing is different so im not keen on spending a lot for one thanks for you help steve and tin regards bob

It's unfortunate you're on the other side of the globe,Bob,as there's an Emco 8 topslide for sale on a local auction site.Mind you,they want nz$405 plus freight,which seems a little high to me.By the time you add freight to uk,your'e looking at 250-300 pounds sterling.

HI thanks yep I even went dawn the road to by a new one from emco them selves I can by a mine lathe for Wat they wont for a new one

Latest posts

Back