Toolpost mini drill

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucketboy

Reaction score
Made this toolpost mini drill attachment for my lathe. Drill was £23 from maplins inc 170 piece drill set :)

DSC08654.jpg

Bb

Nice! I have been thinking something along those lines would be handy.

If you add a way to index your spindle I would think it could be used for bolt circles and maybe even some light milling operations to cut keyways or slots along the sides of cylinders too.

Well done! I will be interested to see what uses you find for it.

I've got a index and clamp, I drilled 24 holes around chuck back plate, then made an arm with a pin location ;)

DSC07701-1.jpg

I have been making vented baffles for gun silencers, works a treat, by milling holes at an angle in the baffles using the compond slide I can direct gas flow to dead spots in silencer cambers.

Bb

Hope the alphabet soup guys aren't reading your last sentence.

They might be knocking at your door making that public. ;D

Ofcourse it depends on what country your in too.

Bernd

Good point :eek: but I am OK on this one, I live in the UK. Despite our extremely tight gun laws, sound moderators are legal and l can make them for my own use or I can modify existing ones, I can't make and sell them by way of a trade, as all new moderators have to be sold through a registered firearms dealer.

Bb

Nice setup for that tool. There is a company here in the States selling a similar holder for Dremel tools. I like your adaptation better as it holds the thing more toward the center instead of at the nose like the one offered for the Dremel.

I have been known to put the dremel flex shaft in the tool holder.
Tin

Very Nice. That would be great for drilling those extremely tiny holes for carburetor jets.

Kel

Latest posts

Back