Todays Start and Progress; Cross Plane Crank, Inline Four Build.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRiggs78

Reaction score
Welp. Here's what I got finished the first day. Cylinder block and one piston sleeve.

.77 bore with .72 stroke, 21.95cc.

Shameless plug for Hobby Metal Kits. Check them out for metal pieces on the CHEAP!

Attachments

• 20200809_152655.jpg
    20200809_152655.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20200809_152723_HDR.jpg
    20200809_152723_HDR.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 57
Looks good so far!

I have to comment on the ruler though - I had exactly the same ruler in high school and we decided to test the 'shatterproof' claim. It tool an incredible amount of bending but when it did finally let go it shattered in spectacular fashion. Shatter-resistant would be a better name (and not tempt high school boys anywhere near as much).

Looks good so far!

I have to comment on the ruler though - I had exactly the same ruler in high school and we decided to test the 'shatterproof' claim. It tool an incredible amount of bending but when it did finally let go it shattered in spectacular fashion. Shatter-resistant would be a better name (and not tempt high school boys anywhere near as much).

Thanks. Ruler more for size reference. The entire top end should be done in the next few days. There is a plan to use forced induction via supercharger on this.

Each crankcase cavity is independent, but there may be a wee bit of leaking between them due to journal tolerances. The idea is for the supercharger to act as a positive pressure curve throughout the entire case, induction through intake side of plenum.

The inner journal ways will be brass and the crank ends supported and suspended on ball bearing races. Once break in occurs, the inner journal ways should be established.

Latest posts

Back