Thrashing machine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Haining did a series in Model Engineer on a 2" scale Ransomes threshing machine. It is a fine model, with all the works. Many examples have been built, sometimes scaled up to 3" (1/4 full size). I don't know when it was published or where to get the plans. Here's one:

https://www.stationroadsteam.com/2-inch-scale-threshing-machine-stock-code-5977/
John Hainings thresher was serialised in Vol148, 149, 150, &151 of model engineer, its a complete working replica internals and all, and if you could grow scaled crop, then the machine would thrash it for you. I have obtained Vol 148 & 149, and onwards from 156, but im still missing around 8-10 articles on its build. John also did three types of water cart, a plough, living van, which could also be a traction trailer, and a saw all to be scale examples of the real thing, and capable of been towed behind the traction engines he designed, and certainly put to use on them also. I plan to make the latter examples in between building a few traction engines.

Blackgates UK, also sells the drawings for the accessories that John drew out. including the thresher.

Jon

Latest posts

Back