TB1 - How is everyone coming along

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
Just scanned the posted messages and it looks like we haven't heard from some of the builders yet. I wonder what progress they are making.

I finished my parts this weekend. All polished. They look awesome!!! I want to run a tap in all the holes because I got some polish in'em. The stainless 4-40 hex head bolts should have been here:eek:( Maybe tomorrow? I have to trim them a bit. But after that Everything will be in the mail:eek:)

How's everyone else coming? I can't wait to run this one:eek:) it will be my smallest.

Later, Wes

Sent all the bases off to Eric yesterday, can't wait to see one put together!

Giles

P.S. on the brass bases, there may be some scratches on the top surface of one or two, sorry guys! ,I just got my first pair of reading glasses the other day, admitted to be getting old!, just cant see so well anymore, anyway hopefully when they're assembled, they may not be visible.

The wooden bases are treated with a couple of coats of Tung oil (the stuff that makes normal varnish into yacht varnish) it's very waterproof but a bit of beeswax can be used to get a bit more shine if you like.

The little screws are all I could find but if you have something better it's up to you!

Giles

I received the bases that Giles sent. Wow! Are they nice!

Nice job Giles!

I will be gathering your stuff up to send you everything as a kit.

Eric

All my stuff is done. I'm waiting on my screws. They should be here any time now? I'll keep you informed:eek:)

Wes

Guys I was planning on making the studs for the reversing valve the mini lathe was the tool of choice.
to make a long story short on or about 7-29 a power sure took out the control boards on my mini mill and mini lathe. I did not discover this untill 7-4 .
I can send 4- 40 screws in lue of the studs and the pieces for the ball and handle stem or I can finish . This next week I will be working long hours and out of town a couple days.
My apologizes for procrastinating, not meeting the dead line and setting a poor example.
My intentions were to have the assembly done for all.
I plan on meeting up with Brass machine next week end to exchange what parts I can. Sorry for any inconvenience. please pm or email your wishes.
Tin

Eric ,glad DHL did their job!, I'm having to move house and shop this week(before my stuff gets chucked outside!) so I'm in no hurry!

Giles

In today's mail I received a wonderful present of a flywheel and connecting rod from Bob Warfield. Very nicely done Bob.
Thanks,
Gail in NM, USA

Hey, My little Flywheel and con rod made it to Idaho today also:eek:) What a super Job Bob did on his parts to:eek:)

I'm still waiting on those darned bolts:eek:( I got a confirmation that they were shipped. I also was at the local hardware store and they had #4 bronze split lock washers. They were so cute that I had to get them:eek:) ;D ;D ;D We can say cute cant we?

Great work there Bob!!!

Wes

Got to see brass machine today exchanged some parts I now have bases pistons and cylinders. I left valve assemblies with him to finish. I will be getting the rest done when I can. It has been a busy week. Was out of town on Tuesday. A parking lot auto repair in order to get home last night and a road trip across the state today.
Tin

Looking good Tin!

I'm wondering, which parts should we expect to have at the moment?

I know they're not all sent out yet.

I've got the crank, flywheel/conrod (natch!), and the bearings. Is that correct?

Heh, I bought a buffer for the next TB. Not gonna be without sufficient bling!

FWIW, Enco has them on sale. I didn't get mine yet, but I'll be looking forward to it. Bought the bigger of the two on sale.

Cheers,

BW

Bob:
Brass_Machine and I are A little bit ahead of things since we met for lunch yesterday and exchanged some parts.
As I mentioned I need to finish the reversing valve parts and get them out the columns should be shipping soon Brass_machine will be sending out the bases. Tim will be sending out pistons and cylinders and Bob A will be sending the steam fittings. Several of us are behind schedule.
I've got the crank, flywheel/conrod (natch!), and the bearings. Is that correct?
To the best of my knowledge yes!!
Tin

BobWarfield said:
Looking good Tin!

I'm wondering, which parts should we expect to have at the moment?

I know they're not all sent out yet.

Bob... I sent the bases (wood & Brass) to Tim. When he sends the pistons and cylinders, the bases will be with them.

No hurries, no worries. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything. Our mail has been a mess lately.

Could be the mailman is annoyed at all the heavy boxes I keep making him deliver!

Cheers,

BW

I should be recieving Erics shipment any time now. As soon as I get it I will divide it up and send it out. It will include: bases, subbases,cylinders, pistons, wristpins, cylinder flanges.
Tim

I got all those little guys cut down. Only trouble is I gave to touch up the end of them with a grinder to get them to thread into the pillars:eek:( What a pain! I don't understand t, because they threaded out of the cutters by hand?

Wes

I got a card in the mail saying my package is ready for pickup at the post office. So hopefully all cylinder/pistons/bases/cyl. flanges/wristpins will go out this week!
Tim

I've been grinding the end of those darn little bolts so they'll screw into the pillers by hand. Those pliers I used put a little burr on those stainless bolts and it's been a bear to fix it. But I've got them half done. I'm shooting to ship on Friday:eek:)

Wes

Latest posts

Back