TB1 - How is everyone coming along

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to see a couple of pics, looking sweet!!, sorry about the coutersinking, I only had some M3 screws to go by and they were ok, also sorry about the pilot holes (lack of!) in the wooden bases, I'm just having to move house and shop right now and I only wanted to get the bits sent over asap, can't wait to see one running!

I think that this has been a great little project and really fun to watch things coming along and I really look forward to participating in another one!

Giles

Giles no appoligy needed I may just jet some button head brass screws or not any adjustment to be made are very minor. the work I have seen is impressive. this will be the nicest engine in my collection to date. great work guys!!
Tin

I've been tied up the last couple days. But come Heck or Breakfast I'll finish those pesky screws in the morning:eek:)

Wes

Went and bought some mailers ad they are ready to go:eek:) First thing tomorrow they'll be in the mail.

Wes

HOLY CRAP..where did the time go. Guys I am so sorry, I have had the parts finished for a while now. They will go in the mail this week.

UPDATE, I just finished getting everyone's parts ready to go in the mail except for Powder Keg's. I will ship his as soon as I get the address.

deere_x475guy said:
UPDATE, I just finished getting everyone's parts ready to go in the mail except for Powder Keg's. I will ship his as soon as I get the address.

Hey Bob!

I pm'd and emailed it to you.

Eric

Wes,
I received an envelope with shiny bits of metal in it. I'm old and at least half senile so shiny bits of metal are all it takes to make me happy. The fact that they have form and function makes it even better. ;D
Thanks,
Gail in NM,USA

I'm glad they made you happy. I had fun building them
woohoo1.gif

Have all the parts been completed for this team build now? Has anyone successfully assembled an engine yet???! It just seems strange that there are 3 builds on the go now ifthe first one isn't yet complete!

I'm still missing the valve parts. Are these still pending?

Hello everyone, it's was a busy spring, summer and fall for me but live is back to normal, kinda. I suffered an injury to two disk's 4 weeks ago. I have a herniated disk between the c5-c6 and bulged disk between c6-c7. I am in PT right now and getting 2 injections in my neck in the next 2 weeks. They are hoping I will be able to avoid surgery. Time will tell I guess.

Anyway whats going on with the build. Did my parts arrive to everyone ok? I know I can't seem to find the bearing assembly anywhere but I am sure I got it and remember showing it to my wife. If I don't find it soon I will making one myself. I can say all the parts I have so far look great and can't wait to start assembly.

Catch up with everyone later.

Bob

Yeah your fearless leader has drug feet a bit. I need to get my act together and finish up. I think i made some empty statement about getting them out a few weeks ago . Well the good thing is I am still alive and kicking no there were no life threatening episodes.
the summer has been crazy. As most of you know my mini mill and lathe had the power supply boards taken out by a power surge the end of June this was discovered 4th of July when I was attempting to get things wrapped up. I had to make a couple of out of state trips for work. Uncle Rabid was sick so he was unable to accept any repair work as of 1 august.So that option for board repair was gone. A colleague and myself were able to get the mill board working and I ordered parts for the lathe. I thought they were coming from New York City It took a month to get a couple of diodes that came from Thailand. The mill and lathe are both finally up and running. The last couple of weeks I have been trying to get the shop dug out from sitting mostly Idle this included digging around for valve parts that were neatly in a bin sitting on the surface plate until the cats knocked them over.
I will get these out sorry for the Long long wait.
Tin

And here I thought the Universe was playing cruel jokes on only me :(

OK guys friday night the son took over the shop to do his Pinewood derby car he is Commander with Royal rangers now he is almost 19. RR is similar to boy scouts through the Assemblies of God church.he was machining wheel wells and turning the wheels. I went to bed.
So yesterday evening after a trip to harbor freight we were cleaning up the shop from his activities. Oh by the way dad the mini lathe stopped working again. So pull out the multi meter.Thankfully it is only a power switch. will try radio shack today sheez seems like i can not catch a break .
Tin

Hi guys, I've been offline for a while and I was wondering what happened to TB1??, I still didn't get my parts yet, has anyone finished one ?

Giles

Back