Tailstock Lock

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice Brian. Not only practical but an elegant use of that otherwise rusty acme thread from the scrapbox. Thanks for sharing the idea and the pictures.

Bill

Wlindiii---I am a terrible pack-rat when it comes to all things mechanical!! I save bits and peices of machinery, knowing that SOMEDAY I will have a use for them. This was just one of those times. I've had that but of square threaded rod and follower nut for so long that I've forgotten where it actually came from!! ;D ;D

Hi Team,
I plan to do this mod also. I have already replaced the sliding plate under the bed to help it slide without binding but the locking that this mod addresses gets over another niggle with the C3.
Omly problems is that the work book is filled with machine mods so I won't get to build engineers for quite a while. Good job I enjoy the mods just as much as engines.
I have tapered roller bearings to replace the main head bearing which I understand makes a hugh difference for the better. All the above will have to wait until I finish the X2 mill mods and reassembly. Great fun.
Cheers,

Brian another neat build, I have two 7X10 Mini Lathes, one has the lever lock and the other one I need the wrench but going to make that change soon as I can find some Acme threads, thanks for another great project of improvement, Lathe Nut

Very nice idea. I too saved some Acme thread and a nut in case it would come in handy sometime - now seems like a good time! ;D

Vic.

Latest posts

Back