• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Taig Lathe with milling capabilities: Ebay Item number: 170297987371

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dicej32

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=170297987371

Ebay Item number: 170297987371

I have a used Taig Micro Lathe with a custom setup for milling. I made up a bracket to attach a dremel tool to the milling attachment so you can do milling on a small scale vertically. The milling attachment itself can still be used as normal for horizontal milling. I have added a leadscrew to the lathe which increases the usability of the lathe greatly and assists in smoother cuts.There is a dc motor included which has a custom variable speed control. I will also include some tooling and accesories. You will be getting the following:

Taig Micro Lathe II with custom leadscrew
1/4 HP 1750 RPM DC Motor (Leeson)
DC variable speed control with fuse
Milling Attachment
Variable Speed Dremel tool (30K RPM) with 1/8" milling cutter
Custom bracket to mount dremel to lathe for vertical milling
Milling Vise
3" four jaw independent chuck
Drilling tailstock with 3/8" chuck
Needle bearing live center
Tool post
Back tool post with parting tool
Custom drill chuck arbor to mount chuck to headstock
Custom die holder for tailstock
1/4" indexable cutting tool set
custom made boring bar holder
4 jaw Chuck wrench
Depth stop for workpiece in chuck
Assorted cutting tools, blank arbors and hex wrenches
1/4" collet and closer with 1/4" milling cutter
The motor and speed control work perfectly. With the different pulley sizes and variable speed you have an infinite range of speed and torque settings. The dremel tool also works perfectly. The lathe is in good shape. It has some wear from a few years of use with various nicks and scratches which do not affect the operation in any way. The tail stock dead center has a broken point (not shown in picture). For turning between centers, just use the live center. You can order a replacement dead center from Taig at a reasonable price.

Buyer will be responsible for any and all shipping charges plus insurance. This is going to be fairly heavy because of the motor. Probably ship in two boxes, one for the motor, one for the lathe. Please note I will only ship to continental US. This item is used and in good working order and as such it is being sold as is. I prefer Paypal for payment. I will accept money order or cashiers check; however I will not ship until funds have cleared my bank.

DSC02253.jpg

DSC02256.jpg

DSC02257.jpg

DSC02258.jpg

DSC02259.jpg

DSC02261.jpg

DSC02262.jpg

Item is in Las Vegas and could be picked up locally. Don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Thanks,

Jenaro

Latest posts

Back