stirling plans

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes

Reaction score
Anyone know a good place for any type of free stirling engine plans?

Ok, not bad. But I would like them to be in Enlish measurements, and to make a little larger engine.I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands between helping Dad in the machine shop, and and being a LCCO for a construction company to be on the computer. Thanks for for looking for me.

Metric is not that big of a problem. Spend half an hour with a pocket calculator and then change the dimensions on the plan to whatever is the closest screw/shaft/ bushing etc that you use. For example, if you are working in fractions, use a 1/8" (.125) instead of 3mm (.118).

Stan said:
Metric is not that big of a problem. Spend half an hour with a pocket calculator and then change the dimensions on the plan to whatever is the closest screw/shaft/ bushing etc that you use. For example, if you are working in fractions, use a 1/8" (.125) instead of 3mm (.118).

...and go through the drawing dividing all of the dimensions by 25.4, and writing them beside the metric measurements. It'll familiarize you with the drawing and how the parts fit together at the same time.

I might try that when I have some spare time. Now if you do that with ecentrics? And if you double the dimensions of an ecentric does that efect the way it will work?

If you're converting drawings metric <=> Imperial, you might want to take a close look at the free MIX program available on my page (see sig). It was written specifically for tasks like these.

It directly accepts decimal and conventional fraction input in various units of both the metric and Imperial system and outputs the answers in both systems. It has a provision for inputting a scale factor so that inputs are automatically scaled.

There are other useful features as well but I don't want to get into a long description here. Download the archive and read the .txt file contained therein for a better idea of what it can do.

Ok, might try that. But how much space does it take up on the computer memory. This copmputer is at least 8 years old and slower than a snail on vacation.

Thanks,
Wes

Latest posts

Back