Steeple Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldmechthings

Reaction score
Sorry, but I have been a little lax in post on the site. It is not that I have not been doing things, it's just that old men move slower than when they were younger.
About the end of October I completed a Steeple Engine patterned after one seen in the book "Historic Engines Worth Modeling" by Anthony Mount, and published by Tee publishing in England. The reason for picking it, was that it had a different arrangement for the connecting rod that shortened the design of the engine. According to Anthony it was a marine engine, but the only examples built were used on land. By making some small changes in the design, it was only necessary to make a steeple pattern. for all the rest of the castings, I used patterns already on hand that I had made for other models.

IMG_4790.jpg

I know the color of the steeple looks wrong, but it said "English Rose" on the spray can, so that was close enough for me.

It is a nice smooth running model.

Strewth! Another one for the 'tp dp' list. I really like that, pink or or not. ;)

Very nice! Beautiful.

Next time you do a video...pan around a little...there seems to be several interesting things to see. ;D

Wow! What a comeback post! We've missed you. That's a beautiful engine.
Dennis

I'm with Zee, Some very eye catching pieces you've got there.

Latest posts

Back