• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SteaMECH in NZ

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShedBoy

Reaction score
Anyone ever deal with this company?
I boguth a set of plans from their site on 31st of May that were meant to be sent as a PDF via email and have not recieved. 3 emails and still no answer? ??? ???

Brock

Hi Brock

Is it this mob?

1/65 Kerwyn Ave East Tamaki Auckland
tel: 1100 - 64 - 9 - 274 1850

Bez

http://www.steamech.com/index.htm

Is the web address. Not much in the contact section just an email which does not work. It gives a town of Christchurch but no address. It was only for a set of plans that were $7 for an IC engine but still. I think I will let paypal to sort it out, that it what it is for. It does say they are not supplying parts at the moment but engineering drawings are still available.

Brock

Brock,

I didn't think that AH did any i/c engine plans.

I was one of the lucky ones many years ago, and got both plans AND laser cut parts set for his steam engine. But there was a critical measurement missing on the plans, and he would never answer emails.

A couple of years ago, one of the members who lives nearby tried to contact him, but his wife said that he wasn't interested in that site any more, but he is still taking peoples money. A good little rip off earner for him.

I was going to sort him out through Paypal, but my personal problems got in the way at that time.

All I can say is that everyone should have no dealings at all with him.

John

ShedBoy said:
http://www.steamech.com/index.htm

Is the web address. Not much in the contact section just an email which does not work. It gives a town of Christchurch but no address. It was only for a set of plans that were $7 for an IC engine but still. I think I will let paypal to sort it out, that it what it is for. It does say they are not supplying parts at the moment but engineering drawings are still available.

Brock

I might be close enough to the action to ask some questions, maybe, I will let you know if I find anything.

I would not be at all suprised if the guy has given it up and Paypal are still taking the money and holding it in an account,.

John

I will get paypal to sort it, I have enough evidence to prove he is not following through.
Brock

I have a name, address and phone number now. I will call him tomorrow and see where we are at.

Latest posts

Back