Steam Hammer "Breisch" print Question in "Plans"

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reed

Reaction score
I posted this in "Plans" and then realized that may not be the best place. The pics are in the original posting in "Plans". Please respond on that thread.

Thanks, - Reed

-------------------------------

"Reed, have built both hammers. Let me know if I can be of any help..... gary"

Gary (not exclusive to Gary, all comments are welcome),

It has been some time and have started with this model. Most of the frame is machined and I think I see an issue between the actual casting and the prints. When I setup to drill/ream the linkage pivot holes, the top hole for lever S3-17L, the hole is partially out of the casting. After several checks, the casting looks a bit off. I have another set of casting and compared them, they are the same. The year on the prints is 1961. And it is entirely I totally missed something, but I have rechecked this several times (hopefully not making the same error each time)

Since the designers are either deceased or not working this business, I'm looking for other builders (like you) that may have seen this. If so, how it was worked around. My currently thinking is to center on the casting boss as much as possible leaving the minimum clearance for the lever arm body (7/32")and redesign the linkage to accommodate the difference.

Attached is the print section and a pic of the point in the casting where the print indicates the hole.

Thanks, Reed

I'll attempt to send a PM also.

Latest posts

Back