Spindle oil and way lube

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enco has Vactra way oil in gallons. #2 is normally used on most small machines. They have an assortment of spindle oils also.

Way oils at:
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=900&PARTPG=INLMK32

Until the end of Feb the free shipping code for orders over $25 is WEBFP . This reduced the cost considerably over most other suppliers.

Gail in NM

I use mobile vactra #2 way oil and velocolite 10 spindle oil enco carries both by the gallon
Tin

Thanks guys! I'm putting the order into Enco right now.

I have a old Sheldon lathe. It calls for Mobil Compound AA for the apron reservoir. Does anyone have any idea
what viscosity this would be and what I could substitute.

mudbug said:
I have a old Sheldon lathe. It calls for Mobil Compound AA for the apron reservoir. Does anyone have any idea
what viscosity this would be and what I could substitute.

Hi mudbug. If it were my lathe I would not be afraid to use the Vactra #2 way oil providing of course that the reservoir lubricates the 'ways'. I've heard many times that its one of the very best way oils available. If you could find out the make up of the stuff that Sheldon recommends and compare it to the make up of Vactra #2, then that might set your mind at ease.

Hi doc1955. Your right, the way oil by the gallon from Enco is a real good deal compared to the E-Bay sellers small bottle quantities. And I love a great deal, but.... I needed both products and the convenience of the smaller dispenser bottles hit the spot for me. Buying two gallons to get both and then coming up with two small dispenser bottles that should be labeled properly, takes up more space, and is more trouble than its worth for me. I've been hoping to find and buy a smaller amount. I have a small 9x20 lathe and a small M/D, that amount of both products should last me till I'm gone. IMO.

-MB

thanks MB
The reservoir does lubricate the ways so I think I will order the Vactra #2 while I can get free shipping from Enco.

Latest posts

Back