Speedy's first part. rc airplanes.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Russel said:
Yup, I can hardly wait to fly tomorrow. The GWS 5043 prop should give it a little more speed over the stock prop. Also, I'll be trying the a Hyperion 130mah battery over the 110mah stock Lipo. :big:

that is a very kool adapter! I love how owning machining tools makes so many ideas possible.

I must say that I am slightly jelous that you get to fly already :big: I still have a list to get mine in the air.
have everything just need to do some soldering, need to make some dubro type linkage adjusters, and then mount everything.

Rick
I will snap a pic of what I have so far for the slow stick 8)

I think the next project is machining these in aluminum.
DUBRO121.jpg

need to think about how I will mount them onto the servo arm, anyone have ideas?

need to think about how I will mount them onto the servo arm, anyone have ideas?
.032" music wire z-bend with heat shrink/CA sleeve? Not trying to be flip but ya' gotta think light! (Simplicate & add lightness!)

Those quick connector gizmos are clumsy to adjust & tighten properly in very light airframes. One slip and you crush the fuselage trying to adjust them. I'm just sayin'....

Not if you grip the ez-connector with a pair of needle nose pliers while tightening.

BTDT. Been flying small electrics for 8 years.

Speedy said:
I think the next project is machining these in aluminum.
DUBRO121.jpg

This is probably a day late and a dollar short, but maybe it will help.

Here is the servo linkage on my flying wing:
Servo.jpg

Here is my flying wing:

Wing.jpg

If you're going to make those EZ connecters yourself,use hex rod,so you can use a small spanner to stop it turning.Also,use brass,not aluminium.The thread will strip real quick in aluminium.
For the screws,use socket caps,to avoid screwdriver slip,and consequent hole in fuse or finger(ouch).Don't ask me how I know this ;D

Latest posts

Back