Spark plugs and coils

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickus

Reaction score
Ok, this is only my second post with the first one being "New Guy" (if I even posted that one!)
I am planing on building a radial engine, but want to build as much as I can on it, IE coil and spark plugs too. Whether I can do that or not, I'll find out when I try. Is there a site, book, magazine, etc. that can get me these two items? If these things take time to construct, I have plenty of it, no money, just time. Since I can't work as per the VA, I plan to build an engine to occupy my time.
Any recommendations on a steam engine around 12" tall would also be appreciated as I like to do two projects at once. Get bored or hung up with one, jump on the other for a bit. Thanks
Rick

Rick,
First off welcome to HMEM. wEc1
George Britnell did an excellent tutorial on this site on building spark plugs. It is at:
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=5653.0

The standard reference for building model ignition coils is Bob Shores book "Ignition coils and magnetos...." and it is available from his widow at bobshores.com. It also frequently shows up used.

Gail in NM

Latest posts

Back