sorry about the mass production thing

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

artrans

Sorry to all memebers it appears I broke a rule I did not no about with mass production thing
so I myself removed it. I did not see any harm but I guess it not a hobby if you do somthing for resale. I personal do not agree with that but I respect rules and will not over step again.
again sorry to all members and anyones feelings I my have hurt. thanks art

Wow, now you have got me interested! What is this rule and what did you do? ??? ???

no drama MM, just was considered by some too OT I guess......it would have been my preference to have had it moved into the break room or whatever rather than locked....imo it was inoffensive and somewhat model engineering related

What or where is the rule? Is something about selling what we make?

rake60 locked it and emailed me saying it was not a topic for home machinist.So I removed it
I don't mean or want to cause trouble. I just was thinking out loud and I no it is not a commercial site however talent is talent and when there is a group that shares common interest and opinions and ideas I thought what better place to spark some Ideas that anyone of us can maybe put to our everyday lives and help out in these troubled times. That was my only thought nothing more nothing less. Unless I am the only one struggling in these times.

Art
The rule was news to me too, but the thought behind it isn't any surprise. Rick is determined that this will remain a hobby build site and not become a Practical Machinist style board. Considering his personal philosophy, I'd have to give him some credit for his stand.

I suspect he'd be the first to admit you've not committed any mortal sin. It's not uncommon to get a nip on the arse, from the mods, when things get too far afield. It's happened to most of us who post regularly. Trust me... It aint' personal.

Steve

Artrans,

It was me who locked your topic not Rake60 and I did for all the reasons Cedge stated in his post below. Thank you for your open response.

Cedge,

Thank you for explaining the reasons for my action better than I could have myself. :bow:

Back to the models :) :)

Best Regards
Bob

Well at least thats cleared up the situation so thanks for the information. I go away a little more informed.

Bob
De nada. Having been on the admin side of the fence, I happen to know first hand that the mods and admins are far harder on each other than they are on the members. The degree of self policing that you guys exercise among the team would shock the rest of those on the board.

The job is often thankless, but know that it's appreciated, none the less. We might not always agree with the decisions made, but this board goes far beyond most to gently keep things fair and friendly. In my time here I've only known of 3 people who were asked to leave and those were warranted by their own actions. One of those has been given a reprieve. Not bad at all for nearly 1900 in membership.

Steve

Steve,

I see you know some Russian or other Eastern European Language.

Spasibo v no stote. (Спасибо в не чтоте) - Thank you and no worries. :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Back