Somedays

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foozer

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some days I actually like living up here in the Northwest. Got view of Mt Baker to the north and Mt Rainer to the South ( on a rare clear day ). The snow stays upon the hills to the east.

Other days, well, the snow apparently didn't get the memo to stay put on them mountain tops and not travel to my yard.

What a difference a day makes

Robert

DCP02289.JPG

DCP02290.JPG

Tuesday morning it was 9 degrees F here.

Right now it is 52 degrees F outside.

Was that winter passing through? ???

Stay safe there!

Rick

At least we're halfway through January around here and the snow has stayed away. Last year it was about every few days that we were getting hit. I haven't had to plow once this winter.

I hope I didn't just curse myself. :-\

Well; the snow hit last night about 11:30 and we have almost 4 inches. I already got up and had to throw a broom at the satellite dish and bonk the snow off at 5 AM.

Another 6 inches or so dumped overnight. Glad I have no need to go out today. For those that live in normal snow bound areas 6 inches is a cake walk, 'round here a single flake can cause panic. I know its odd, but later today am going out to count how many cars are in the ditches.

Robert

No snow yet in southern Ontario, it's going to ruin our reputation ;D

IronHorse

Went out for a spin, really bad!!! sheets of ice the roads are but thats nothing compared to the trauma at roads end.

Store is flat out of Twinkies, life is over, head hanging low, boohoo, had to get Zingers. just not the same, nope not the same.

Robert

Foozer

Lots of Twinkies here and man are they ever good. On top of that we have no snow. The best of both worlds. What can I say. Sorry. :hDe:

Cheers :)

Don

PS: You can have all the Zingers you want since we have the Twinkies.

Hey, We finally got some winter here last night!

NewSnow.jpg

Just look at ALL THAT SNOW. (6 inches at best)
Was last winter actually harsher, or did the snow just look deeper last year?

Rick

I used to live in Mountaintop PA, a very well chosen name for sure. Winter average annual snowfall was 115 inches as I recall. Then moved to Ocean County NJ avg snowfall 17 inches, today was the first snow almost 1/2". You've not lived until you shovelled snow from a wheelchair. NOT!

Got 5-6" of sheep snow, (light and fluffy), here Saturday.
First significant snow since the surprise blizzard in October that hit the western part of the state.

4.1" last night.

of rain :p

At least the lake needed it.

shred said:
4.1" last night.
of rain :p

I didn't get that much moisture last YEAR. What's a lake??
Gail in NM

GailInNM said:
I didn't get that much moisture last YEAR. What's a lake??
Gail in NM
Seems like neither did we last year. Drought Drought Drought... although it was the all time record for wettest Jan 24th, it still only gets us a tiny bit of closer to out of the hole.

Snow all gone, bit of a flood worry if it melted to quick, didn't happen, all is good

Store restocked with Twinkies, good news. Power company is repairing a main line to the island so all power goes out in an hour or so. Bad News, I ate all the Twinkies again.

Robert

We got a couple of inches a few days ago which turned to ice, which is now melting

What a screwed up winter this has been!

Dave

Get your twinkies while you still can. They may no longer be available soon, I've heard. I picked up a stash when I read the following in the news: "Hostess Brands is hoping to cut its high costs as it heads back into bankruptcy protection for the second time in less than a decade." The article added, "Hostess has enough cash to keep stores stocked with its Ding Dongs, Ho Hos and other snacks for now as it battles rising labor costs and increased competition. But longer term, the 87-year-old company has a bigger problem: health-conscious Americans favor yogurt and energy bars over the dessert cakes and white bread they devoured 30 years ago" So now what do we do? :-[ Distract ourselves by making "chips"? :( ??? Ralph

Latest posts

Back