Some Models

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

stevehuckss396 said:
Thats alot of work is see here. Is this a future build?

Yes Steve... I was learning to use Solidworks software and spent a long time... but it was important to learn about how use the tool.

I don't know if I will can build this model, because I don't have experience with machining and my first intent is learn about this, with the V12 engine designed by Martin Ohrndorf.

I would like to build this model with casting... create the patterns, molds, etc...

student123 said:
Are you self taught?

Yes Mike... and the animation is simple too! See...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Stc4-Wvc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Stc4-Wvc8[/ame]

In september of 2009 approximate, I was searching some new hobby and remembered the my young time, that I studied about mechanics of cars, especially engines. At that time ... I has also enjoyed modelism and planned take advantage of the knowledge of the basic part of the course, which included handling with lathes, milling machines, etc. to build a miniature engine and that works. Unfortunately... the internet did not exist yet and here in Brazil all was very difficult to achieve.

Time passed ... I began to study data processing and today, I'm a systems analyst.

Well, but in this same time, I began to search about engine models on the internet and the first that I saw was the V12 engine project of Martin Ohrndorf...

09.jpg

Immediately I was amazed, because someone had done something that I wanted to do in the past!

I have some facility with computer program, because my profession is systems analysis... I develop systems for companies... Lately I'm working in a system of judicial eletronic process for the justice of work in the state of Rio Grande do Sul, here in Brazil.

Since then... I have developed my ideas with the SolidWorks... Only, I would like to have more time for this!

kuhncw said:
Nice work, Alexandre. An inline six is my favorite engine configuration.

Thank you Chuck!

popnrattle said:
I can tell you have had a lot of "seat time" learning the software.
BTW, I have never seen a 4-bolt main 6 cylinder. That may help cure some of the destructive harmonics inherent in an engine config. with long cranks.(May not be an issue in miniature.)
My head cylinder is based in the head cylinder of the Dodge Viper V10 engine... that use 4-bolt...

cabeote-v10-4.jpg

cabeote-v10-3.jpg

cabeote-v10-1.jpg

popnrattle said:
I noticed the siamesed cylinders too. Generally, higher performance engines have the coolant water go completely around the cylinder, where the cylinders touch you got hotter temps with no cooling water. (distorted cylinders)(some cylinders have 2 flats and some have 1 flat. Symmetry most of the time, is better.)

Sorry, but I don't understand what you say... but you can see the liner cylinder...

cilindro-meio-b.jpg

cilindro-meio-a.jpg

popnrattle said:
You may not need a ground electrode with a 3mm plug. Maybe it will jump the gap between center electrode and threaded body!
Looks like a racing engine with the equal length intake runners, very short exhaust ports, and small chambers.
Great job, Alexandre. :bow:
Here do you say about spark plug ?

Yes... that's idea for the intake and exhaust ports... :)

pcw said:
now go and build the V12. you know you just have to :p :big:
pascal

Yes... of course that I will to do... immediately after purchased my mill and the space for my workshop is available! ;)

Noitoen said:
Now all you have to do is, send the drawings to these guys
http://youtu.be/B9VOwqtOglg
and you have an engine, ;)

Very cool this... I will get more informations about.

Thank you!

ShopShoe said:
Thank you for showing your modeling expertise. Keep it coming.

That's my intention ever... thanks for your interest!

rustyknife said:
Nice models. Solidworks 2010 is an amazing program. Its like 5 minutes to go model a solid, transfer the dimentions to a blueprint, and go start cutting in the garage.

I however cannot figure out how to use autocad 2012...I hate autocad lol

Yes... I also thought easy to use the solidworks... The AutoCad is very complicated for me too!!!

I don't have time a lot to dispense with complicated tools... a free time is for my projects...

Cheers for all,

Alexandre

Back