Some Models

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agmachado

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I would like to show some drawings I made in recent months.

I hope you like it ... :D

bloco.jpg

bloco-inferior.jpg

cabecote.jpg

biela.jpg

Those aren't drawings. They are models. Drawings have specifications and dimensions on them.--Very nice models though.

Chuck,

I used the Solidworks 2010 in this models.

Brian,

You're right. Sorry for the mistake!

I'm learning about the usual terms and all mixed up. Thanks for your information.

Best regards,

Alexandre

Alexandre---I know what you mean. I worked on a drafting board for 30 years before I crossed over into 3D cad 10 or 12 years ago. Its a whole new world!!!

Hello guys!

More models... they are not to build, are only for studies ... the idea is how to create galleries for water on the cylinder head. It seems to be a preciousness... but would be very nice ! ;D

cabecote-v3.jpg

cabecote-v3-2.jpg

Guys,

In my project, the diameter of the cylinder is 13.85 mm. I am designing the intake valve is about 6mm and the exhaust valve is about 5mm of diameter ... thus, it was difficult to put a spark pllug with 1/4 ", so I'm planning to create a spark plug with 3mm diameter.

porcelana.jpg

vela-top.jpg

vela-bottom.jpg

vela.jpg

Very nice models!

When you finish your assembly, will you be able to animate it in SolidWorks?

Hi Brother,

I have some animations in SolidWorks with some of these models, but are not very good.

I will export some and post here.

In my project, I have tried and tested many ideas... I do not have a lathe and a mill yet and for this reason I can not validate these ideas for the project and because of doubts, I can not advance the models of my project.

Thanks for your interest :)

Greetings,

Alexandre

Hi Guys,

More some models...

pos01enginecase.jpg

pos16cylinderheadfor1-6.jpg

pos16cylinderheadfor7-12.jpg

pos18valves.jpg

pos21rockerarm.jpg

pos26cylinder.jpg

Take care,

Alexandre

Hi Guys,

I found more some models...

motor-4.jpg

motor-3.jpg

motor-2.jpg

motor-1.jpg

Cheers,

Alexandre

cabecote-4.jpg

cabecote-3.jpg

cabecote-1.jpg

biela.jpg

Alexandre thanks for sharing those.

Next week I start a 10 week night-school course in solidworks 2010.
I don't know yet if I get a choice what to design as part of the learning bur engine related would be good because of the animation.

Are you self taught?

Mike

I can tell you have had a lot of "seat time" learning the software.
BTW, I have never seen a 4-bolt main 6 cylinder. That may help cure some of the destructive harmonics inherent in an engine config. with long cranks.(May not be an issue in miniature.)
I noticed the siamesed cylinders too. Generally, higher performance engines have the coolant water go completely around the cylinder, where the cylinders touch you got hotter temps with no cooling water. (distorted cylinders)(some cylinders have 2 flats and some have 1 flat. Symmetry most of the time, is better.)
You may not need a ground electrode with a 3mm plug. Maybe it will jump the gap between center electrode and threaded body!
Looks like a racing engine with the equal length intake runners, very short exhaust ports, and small chambers.
Great job, Alexandre. :bow:

now go and build the V12. you know you just have to :p :big:
pascal

Now all you have to do is, send the drawings to these guys
[ame=http://youtu.be/B9VOwqtOglg]http://youtu.be/B9VOwqtOglg[/ame]
and you have an engine, ;)

Nice models. Solidworks 2010 is an amazing program. Its like 5 minutes to go model a solid, transfer the dimentions to a blueprint, and go start cutting in the garage.

I however cannot figure out how to use autocad 2012...I hate autocad lol

Latest posts

Back