Some build procedures of my miniature.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popnrattle

Reaction score
This video shows some of the techniques I use to make parts for the miniature "222". (1.25 x 1-13/16 bore and stroke = 2.22 cu.in. As always questions, comments, and advice are welcomed.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOCFf1fpCos[/ame]

It is really nice to see the build procedure on video, I wish a lot more people would do it too, still pics are nice, but when you can watch these procedures carried out, it makes for a very interesting, and inspiring teaching tool, it's great to watch your video.

Please keep the vids coming,
great job on your fabrication and testing of the parts.

Thanks for sharing.

I like your simple method of lapping the valve seats and will try in on the engine I am building. I will also follow your postings to see more of your great techniques.

And the videos are great - they really do show much more than the still photos.

Thanks

Jim

If a picture is worth 1000 words, a video is worth 1000000. Thanks for teaching so effectively. I'll keep viewing your build with close interest.

Hi Popnrattle. A really great informative video. One question though. With the flywheel in the chuck, you have what seems like a roller bearing mounted in a square bar in the toolpost. Is this to centralize the flywheel?
Tia
Herbie

Yes sir, there is a ball bearing on a piece of 1/2x1/2 crs bar I use to indicate stuff in the lathe. I'm(popnstart on youtube) and have another vid uploaded long ago demo-ing its use. This flywheel video doesn't have the resolution I was hoping for showing how the ball bearing indicator moves a taut, slightly wobbling flywheel, but it works well enough to keep the indicator in the toolbox(within a couple thou). Thats about as close as the flywheels are indicated from the H-D factory. ;D

Latest posts

Back