• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD HARRISON M250 lathe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a fine lathe . . . I know because I have one. Mine is one of the earlier models (1984) and IMHO it has two shortcomings. First, you can only access 1/4 of the available feeds and threads at one feed gear setting. In order to access the entire range you must remove the headstock gear cover and change gears to one of four ranges. This only takes a few minutes but it's still an inconvenience you wouldn't expect of a machine of this quality. Secondly the first few years of this model they offered 1.2hp & 1.8hp motor options and 40-1500 and 80-3000 speed ranges. I opted for the lower speed range and would have had a better machine for my work had I gone with the higher range and the 1.8hp. Otherwise it's been all I could ask for. I'm now nearing 30 years with it and the only repair I've had to make is to replace the bed wipers. I figured I would have to get some sheet rubber and start cutting them out, but on a whim emailed a contact in the UK about Harrison spares and he said "How many sets?"

Back