• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold - For Sale - Various tools as listed, Part 2

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Kvom,
The actual MAKRA spindle clamping diameter of the high speed spindle itself is 1.69 inch (43 MM)

The spindle holder diameter that is supposed to clamp around the mill quill is 2 3/4 inch (70 MM) but can be adjusted up to a larger diameter possibly up to 3 inch (76.2 MM)

Let me know if you would like more details. Thanks.

Peter J.

Peter,

In the photo, is the round opening on top the mill spindle clamp, or is it the clamp for the unit? If possible, can you post a photo of the rest of the clamp without the plastic bag, and also show the end of the cord?

My mill does have a 220V tap for its light, which no longer works. I might be able to use that for power. My spindle is 45mm diameter.

Hello Kvom,
In the photo of the original posting the clearly visible round opening pointing up is the opening that is holding / clamping the MAKRA spindle.

The clamp portion that goes around the mill quill neck is under the plastic bag and not too well visible.

I am attaching two pictures that show the clamp fixture clearly, as well as the plug attached to the cord.

The clamp fixture is heavy duty and has a base thickness of 3/4 (19 MM) It could be easily modified by cutting off the part of the clamp that is pointing up and bolting it to a new part - sideways - that would fit your mill quill. I hope you get what I mean with bolting it on sideways onto the new mill quill clamp part.

The MAKRA spindle cord end has an US style 230 Volt plug attached to it but can be easily fitted with a plug of a configuration that fits your 220 Volt requirement.

Let me know if you need more details. Thanks.

Peter J.

IMG_0699 (800x600).jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back