Simple Simon

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davyboy

Reaction score
No,not me, it's the name of the engine :roll: Stirling engine plans from Machinist Workshop, October 2003. My firstborn. It's a little sloppy, but it runs. I know how I'd like to tune it up, but I hate to take apart the only one I have that runs. The displacer is not very precisely made; and the balloon that forms the power piston, orange in the picture, is not flexible enough, next one will be latex from a disposable glove.

SimpleSimon.jpg

Just wanted to post the photos 'lost' upon move to new website. The engine ran over a very hot cup of water, and crushed ice on top plate. I believe it would be much better running if the flywheel balanced the weight of the displacer. somehow, the balloon I had for power piston (rubber banded to a cork for structure) has melted around the copper tube cylinder. Now it needs a good rebuild, when I get time....

scan0002.jpg

Well, the plans might be available, I had a photo-copy around here somewhere. Don't want to post it here, copyright lawyers and all....

Thanks for sharing Davy. These Stirlings sure are amazing. What's even more amazing is what people can use to make one.

Wes

Latest posts

Back