Short HMEM Interruptions

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsquire

Reaction score
Hi Guys

In the past several months I have been experiencing short interruptions where HMEM is not available. This can last from a minute or 2 to sometimes 15 minutes or more. It becomes very frustrating when you have just read page 1 of a thread, click on page 2 to read the rest of it and be told that HMEM is unavailable.

What I would like the members to do is to keep track of every occurrence of HMEM being unavailable and report it in a message in this forum. This is an example

Name Date Local Time Details
dsquire 2011.07.21 01:58pm HMEM unavailable for 11 minutes

Please be sure to use your local time. We will correct it to GMT. For details, if you know how long it was unavailable fill it in. If you don't know then just put "1 minute or more" You can report them 1 at a time or report several at once but only 1 occurrence per line please.

I will put all this information together on 1 page so we can see if there is a pattern to these outages and if they happen at the same time all around the world. This will assist us in tracking down the cause of these outages and remedying the situation.

Thank you for you cooperation

Cheers :)

Don

Shire. 7-21-2011. 4:07 pm. 2 min.

Name Date Local Time Details
dsquire 2011.07.21 04:03pm HMEM unavailable for 7 minutes

Don

Name Date Local time Details
crankshafter 2011.07.21 11:38 pm unavailable 2 min

CS

b.lindsey 7/22 9:55 AM 2 minutes

kcmillin 7/24 3:10 pm CST 7 min

out from 17:41 until 17:54, at least I think until 17:54, I wasnt trying all that period.

Tim

If the objective is to establish some correlation between outage frequency and time of day, publishing your local time isn't helpful unless you also post your time zone (and any adjustments for daylight saving). Better would be to post Zulu (GMT) time of the outage.

i think the admins stated they would use the time zone in the profile
they assume it's accurately stated and that the person is not traveling

this is a good assumption overall

Back