Shop Dogs

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GailInNM

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Judging by the number of photos that have a shop dog included in them, either in the foreground or background, there are a lot of "Dog People" on HMEM. This thread is to provide a place to introduce our shop foremen to the rest of HMEM. I know there are HMEM members with shop cats and other types of supervisors. You are welcome to join in here also or maybe someone will start a shop kitty thread.
Gail in NM,USA

I will start off by introducing Coot.
Coot is the latest of a long line of shop dogs. So now there are two Coots in the shop. I am the Crazy Old Coot and the new addition is the Young Coot. I figure that by the time he becomes an Old Coot also it will be time for both of us to retire from the shop.

Coot is mostly a Pappilon and is about 3 years old. He was about a year old when I got him from a a no-kill shelter. He was considered un-adoptable as he was aggressive as he had been in three homes before me and had been abused and neglected along the way. It took him several weeks to adopt me. Now he is nearby all the time. If not in the same room, then he is close enough to hear me if I do anything that he thinks he should be included in. Although the shelter said that he was probably not trainable, he now obeys over 20 commands and is a crowd pleaser for the neighbor hood kids when we go for a walk as he does about a dozen tricks.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

100_1102.jpg

Doing "hoops" with 6 year old grand daughter.

Gail in NM,USA

Rocky was adopted from a place which rescues dogs from the pound. He is a 1 year old staffy X cattle dog... very different from our last dog (not really a shop dog), which was a Lhasa Apso.
Very smart, playful, obedient... just a great all round dog.

2512081.jpg

Rocky3.jpg

Rocky2.jpg

Very good natured. What other dog can be let out with rabbits in the yard? (I hate rabbits, they ruin the lawn. They're going)

Rocky1.jpg

My dog isn't much company in the shop.
She takes too many rest breaks!

nap.jpg

She as not allowed on the furniture either so I'll deny that ever happened! :D

Rick

One of the 2 current mutts, they kinda rotate over the years. As one ages another young'n shows up from who knows where and I'm not much of a dog guy. They be like the bride with that "You never take me anywhere" look and when they do something oddball, well just remember who bailed ya out. Vet bill for both of the mutts on this "Lets play with the Porcupine" $300+us

poopypork.jpg

itowbig said:
bet they dont play with prokys no mo

You'd think so, They not so smart, this was about 6 months after the first one. She may have gotten the message this time for its been over a year. If you need a needle them quills are flat out sharp, stuck myself with one :)

poopypork-1.jpg

Here's Teddy the Holescreek shop dog. Teddy's a pound mutt, mostly lab, and weighs 100 pounds at 2 years old. Teddy aka "pooter" likes to lay down wherever he thinks I might need to stand next. He provides security for the shop (and my wife) letting no one near either without permission. You can see him hard at work in the photos. -Mike
TeddyShopDog002.jpg

TeddyShopDog001.jpg

The shop rats.....

DSCF0124.jpg

They do a pretty good job of keeping the property safe, but they can't seem to get the attention of these guys...

DSCF0091.jpg

Kevin

Here's a shot of Pearl (The Wonder Dog). The best ball handler in in the country. She can handle line drives, high hoppers, goin' long over the shoulder. Not much of an arm and her batting is lousy but we're working on it.

WonderDog005.jpg

Jerry

Everything except the Red Sox business. Not a Sox fan.

Jerry

Here's a Picture of my shop companion liberty shes a lab pitt bull mix we adopted her at 13 weeks old a year and a half ago shes way to smart and such a baby lol.
DSCN0370-1.jpg

I accepted delivery of my new shop dog last weekend.
We are already working on the materials recognition.

Stainless Steel
AngelBowl.jpg

Depending on the grade it can be a very nice material for the
hobby shop.

Leather
AngelSlipper.jpg

OK, Possibly a gasket, hinge or even a drive belt.

Racoon ???
AngelRacoon.jpg

I have to admit she had me stumped on that one for awhile.
100 years ago it might have been boiled down to render a little gear
lube.

Smart dog eh? :big:

Rick

Some great photos there of mans best friend. Cats were mentioned at the start so I'll show you my companion. Skatty is 5 years old and comes to say hello when I'm busy in my workshop. She's a very good mouser, and if you didn't know already, a Maine Coon.
20090408_08.jpg

Mo, :)

Mo,

Galina, (and most Russian cat lovers), consider 3 coloured cats to be very lucky and their keepers to be very lucky to be allowed to associate with them. :D :D

Molka supervising the computer operator.

IMG_0363.jpg

Best Regards
Bob

o,
Nice looking mini mountain lion. I bet she keeps you in line as well as the mice.

I have a friend who raised Maine Coons for many years. Now he and his wife just have theirs for pets.
She is an international cat show judge and travels a lot to judge shows. Just came back from a Japan show.

Gail in NM,USA

Mo deller said:
Some great photos there of mans best friend. Cats were mentioned at the start so I'll show you my companion. Skatty is 5 years old and comes to say hello when I'm busy in my workshop. She's a very good mouser, and if you didn't know already, a Maine Coon.

Mo - I thought Maine Coon's were mostly tan in color ? Old g/f had a tan Maine Coon. Shows ya what I know about cats.

Maryak said:
Mo,

Galina, (and most Russian cat lovers), consider 3 coloured cats to be very lucky and their keepers to be very lucky to be allowed to associate with them. :D :D

Molka supervising the computer operator

Interesting color scheme how it divides her face like that, very unique, I like it !!

Latest posts

Back