Southwest Michigan Home-shop Machinists

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kquiggle

Reaction score
Southwest Michigan Home-shop Machinists

I hope this post is not considered off topic for the group, but I believe this may be of interest to some members:

The Southwest Michigan Home-shop Machinists group is open to all interested persons, but as a practical matter we assume that people in Southwest Michigan will be most interested. "Southwest Michigan" for our purposes is loosely defined as any place close enough to make it worthwhile for someone to travel to one of our meetings. We meet to discuss topics of mutual interest to machinists, to discuss or show our latest projects, talk about methods and techniques, and so on. The group was started in April of 2015, so we are still a small but growing group. We welcome anyone with an interest in machining and any level of experience (or no experience at all, if you are just interested in getting started); our current members include both hobbyist and professional machinists. There are no dues, and you need not be a member to attend a meeting (although we would appreciate an advance email if possible).

At the time of this writing, our next meeting will be Nov. 7, 2015 (10AM at the Daily Brews Gourmet Coffee, 128 South Main, Wayland MI.) just a couple minutes off of U. S. Route 131 between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo.

For more information about the group, including a calendar of meeting dates and locations, see this link: https://sites.google.com/site/swmichhomeshopmachinists/home (or send email to [email protected]).

Muskegon is a bit of a drive to Wayland, but I hope you'll find it worthwhile to make the trip.

I drove to Zanesville for the last one. The only thing keeping me from going is forgetting about it.

Anyone interested in Southwest Michigan Home-shop machinists can send email to [email protected] and get put on the mailing list for meeting reminders. There are no membership fees, and the email list is not shared with anyone else.

I drove to Zanesville for the last one. The only thing keeping me from going is forgetting about it.

We are not a show or group who plan to put on a show (tho who knows about the future) like NAMES or the show in Zanesville or Cabin Fever. We're just a bunch of guys with interest in machining and want to swap knowledge, be a part of a group of like-minded folks since other friends (and usually spouses) haven't a clue what we're talking about or why we're interested in that heavy, greasy, nosiy stuff.

Paul

Back