Sherline Craftsmanship Museum online

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbritnell

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Awhile back I got a letter from Craig Libuse of the Sherline company. It said that someone had nominated me for inclusion into the Sherline online Craftsmanship Museum. I would like to thank he, she or those who referred me for this honor. As I have stated many times, I build miniatures because I truly enjoy machining and all of the friends that I can share my interests with and not for any personal glory. I have been blessed with many talents and try to use them to the best of my ability.
With sincerest regards,
George D. Britnell

PS. Here's the link to 'my page'.
http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Britnell.htm

George.

You produce some fine pieces of art. I call it art because I know that anyone who produces something so fine and detailed and uses tooling to sculpt and form with great detail is far in my book an artist.

You deserve to be admitted, people in the future need to see the qualities and skills of artisans from the past.

This leads me to your abilities, if you have any free time your skills and knowledge should be freely shared and given to all to learn from.

Maybe write a book. All the best. Congratulations. Anthony.

Congratulations George,

You are an inspiration to us all :bow: :bow: :bow:

Glad my email worked! Many others where behind me too.

Tony

George
Congratulations on your much deserved recognition. Your beautiful work has inspired and challenged so many of us in the model engineering and home shop hobby. I know this to be true.... because I'm one of them. Welcome to our community's "Hall of Heros"....you've earned it.

Steve

George,

Ditto all the above wonderful compliments. :bow: :bow: :bow:

There is not a more deserving and qualified artist and we all learn so much from all your projects you share with us.

Thank you and congratulations

Jeff

George,

Heartfelt congratulations on a well deserved honor.

Is there any possibility that you might consider adopting me? :)

George,
Congratulations. Very well deserved. Thank you too, for taking the time to share your knowledge with us.
Regards,
Dennis

Mr. Britnell... what can I say, I just finished reading all the sherline's museum page You linked, and I have no words! didn't imagine You built so many others great models other the ones I saw here. In Italy we say "sei un mito, sei un grande" (You're a legend, a big) and now You also have your page in model engine history, what a great satisfaction!
I read every day this wonderfull forum since 2 years and, even if I still have to begin this hobby (if I can find some time), I'm sure that there was 2 inspirations on all the rest: the jerry howell V-four and Your incredible machined Holt (maybe I saw 30 times the videos starting by hand on Youtube).
Many many compliments and thank You very much,

Paolo

Congratulations George!

A true honour;

:bow: :bow:

George
Congratulations you have been an inspiration to use all
extremely well deserved :bow: :bow: :bow:
Ken

George,

Thanks for your support, encouragement and inspiration to me and many others. You show what patience and tenacity can achieve.

The recognition of your skill and contribution to our hobby is extremely well deserved. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Well deserved, George!

Now about that magazine article... ;D

Best regards, Mati

Congratulations George. I can't think of anyone who deserves that honor more than you.
Your talent for building scale models is only exceeded by your willingness to help others.

Congratulations George on a well deserved honor.

In the first Sherline Challenge, which you deservedly won, I had an entry. I won't say in competition with yours as there was no comparison between the two entries, but at least we were on the same table.

The excellence of your work has been matched only by your willingness to help others. Thank you.

Gail in NM

Not much more I can add that the others haven't.

Very well deservered. I hope to keep on leasrning from you too.

Congratulations

Ron

I guess I'll say a few words just to keep this at the top of the board. When I went to George Luhrs house on the shop tour with my club. I saw all this magnificent work he does and what a gentlemen too. I couldn't help but think that George B (another George, must be something in the name :big:) should be in the museum. George B helps us out, does outrageous work....why isn't he there?
So after George had posted one of his beautiful works. I ask, George, why aren't you in the museum? George did not reply, his modesty, I guess. I laid low for a while thinking he'd see about it. Nothing! I took matters into my own hands and PM'd cedge. Talking to Steve, I said will you back me up and help getting petitions if I need them. Steve was in total agreement. Do it Tony!
I emailed Craig at the museum and said I'd like to nominate a guy on my forum to the museum. He says who? I said George Britnell.... I know George and your right he would make a great addition to the museum. Do you know his email......

The End

Tony

Tony...
Thanks for taking the bull by the horns. It really needed doing.

Steve

Latest posts

Back