"Senior" member?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vederstein

Must do dumb things....
Reaction score
Just curious,

Who or what decides if one is a junior, standard, or senior member?

I don't see the difference, or why one would exist.

...Ved.

100 posts then you become a senior member automatically.

Baz.

100 posts then you become a senior member automatically.

Baz.

And some of us seniors are imposters, know nothing about what they are doing but ask a lot of questions!

Like ME!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

I can't wait to become a senior......wait....what were we talking about?

John

"HMMMM"

132 post's and I see you'r status says member, that is odd.

I know as soon as I hit 100 posts it went to senior member.
maybe the system has changed during the ownership transition.

May be best to ask Tin Falcon or one of the moderators.

Rod,
lots of questions is great shows large enthusiasm,
My belief is that's what model engineering is all about and keeps us all going.

There used to be this guy on the forum called bogstandard, he was my go to man, helped me out several times, The man is a wealth of knowledge. I miss his wisdom greatly.:(

Baz.

"HMMMM"

132 post's and I see you'r status says member, that is odd.

I know as soon as I hit 100 posts it went to senior member.
maybe the system has changed during the ownership transition.

Rod,
lots of questions is great shows large enthusiasm,
My belief is that's what model engineering is all about and keeps us all going.

Baz.

Funny, even vocal noobs like me got to be a Senior at 100 posts in the last couple of days. vederstein, maybe you are in the naughty corner? :eek::eek:

Oops too many glasses of red wine on a Friday evening, hope ya got a sense of humor!

Baz, thanks, you (and many others) have been very patient with me and I am amazed about how helpful this forum has been.

I might add, my enthusiasm is inversely proportional with the depletion of my bank account! Ordered more stuff on eBay tonight!

This community is filled with a great bunch of guys, I have not had so much fun on a forum in years! And I am even a commercial sponsor on one (that has nothing to do with machining!)

I changed my status manually. I'm not particularly looking for a "status". (Look what I changed mine to). I was just curious because some senior members were asking questions about machining that were quite basic (e.g. differences b/w chucks) and some junior members who seemed quite knowledgeable about machining.

...Ved.

I changed my status manually. I'm not particularly looking for a "status". (Look what I changed mine to). I was just curious because some senior members were asking questions about machining that were quite basic (e.g. differences b/w chucks) and some junior members who seemed quite knowledgeable about machining.

...Ved.

Awesome title and now I know you do have a sense of humor! :)

The old software allowed you to add a personal text. this one only allows that line to be changed. So now the news is out please no self appointed Adims or gods. LOL. I wanted to add USAF Trained Machinist but then my admin status went away. so changed it back.

It is likely true some of the "senior" folks here gained that status by asking a hundred questions but that is fine.
Tin

Latest posts

Back