Screw drivers

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Kenny

Reaction score
Don't get in the spot to stick a small screw in your finger, it hurts. Some day I will learn. :)

Ouuuch!! Hate it when that happens. Aonther tip is be careful with that brass hammer. When I was fitting the bright work on the Elbow engine, the little bronze rings on the end of the drums had to be press fitted. Since I have no press, I grabbed a piece of aluminum round stock to tap on so that the ring would seat. The work was still in the lathe so space was tight. I tapped... the ring cocked... I tapped again.... the ring ignored me.... I got persuasive and gave it a nice solid lick.

That is when things got a bit intense. I hadn't paid attention that my middle finger had wandered onto the flat surface and the hammer hit the fleshy pad of the end of the finger. It never broke the skin, but it managed pinched off a 1/4 x 1/2 inch piece of flesh beneath the skin. It's healed enough now not to cause teary eyes when it makes contact, but wet pants are still a distinct danger....LOL

Some one once said that an engine isn't yours until it has been blooded. No blood, but it sure extracted its fair quota of flesh.

Steve

Now Kenny
How could anyone be so careless to do something like sticking them self
with a jewelers screwdriver?

(It hurts worse pulling it back out that it did going in, huh!) :oops:
I'm trying to cut down on it myself, but I still do it about once a month.

Reminds me of a guy I work with coming to work on a Monday with blood
blisters under both thumb nails. He was working on his boys race car
when a wrench slipped off a bolt smashing the thumb on his right hand.
That hurt, so he grabbed the wrench with his left hand. Same Results.
OK so it was FUNNY when it happened to someone else! :lol:
You'd have to know the personality of my buddy Steve to fully appreciate
the image...

rake60 said:
Reminds me of a guy I work with coming to work on a Monday with blood
blisters under both thumb nails. He was working on his boys race car

This reminded me of a buddy that was working on his race car that was on a lift. He was using visegrips to hold a bracket in place for tack welding. Things went sideways when he was trying to get the bracket in alignment. They popped off, and he caught them... in the nose! The thumb screw entered his nostrile and gave him a few weeks of pure agony. He, of course, still hasn't lived that incident down.

Latest posts

Back