Sartglen pixi metal lathe info

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aquarius21

Reaction score
Greetings all, anyone know where I can locate any info on the above lathe? I have a chance to buy one and other than the info at UK lathes, can find no info. Thanks and Happy Canada Day for Canadians and Happy Independence Day to our American friends on the 4th! Quincy, Nova Scotia, Canada

I have one of these and somewhere a hand book. My verstion has the powered leadscrew and variable speed drive.
What is it that you'd like to know and I'll try and help.
My only reservations about the lathe are that there is little room twixt tailstock and headstock with both chucks fitted so you need a set of stub drills to form holes in average sized jobs much above 5/32" or so.

Best wishes
John

Hi John, My Sartglen with a lead screw does not have manual. I do not know how to arrange the gears to get the proper speeds for the carriage. I have a four jaw and three jaw chuck, face plate, tail stock drill chuck but am missing the collet cap for the collets.

My questions. 1) Do you have a diagram for the headstock back gearing ( I hope I have the name right.) I have about 8 gears with numbers stamped on them. Also, 2) what size of dead center does the head and tail stock require? 3) What speed does the lathe need to turn at for satisfactory cutting of brass, aluminum and steel? 4) Are there any parts suppliers? 5) Any advice?

If I don't give you a reply for the next few days it is because I am off to Ontario from Nova Scotia.

My thanks for your answers in advance, Have a great and large day, Quincy

Back