rotary table?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cessna

Reaction score
Hi, I have just taken delivery of a new mill, it has a table 7 1/2 by 23 and will be used for hobbies, my question is what size I should buy in a rotary table, 6" or 5"? Any input would be appreciated.
Thank you
Terry

Hi Terry,

On mine, went as large as possible without restricting the movement in the direction of the mill column. Sometimes you need extra room to hold down odd shape parts. Another consideration would be if the heights were different, and you would lose too much vertical travel. Amazing how quick a rotary table, mill vise, and workpiece add up to a lot of height.

Second that and a horizontal/vertical rotab is very useful

Thanks for the insight, I have ordered a 6" table.
Terry

When you have the rotary table installed on the mill, with a bit of stock in the chuck, say, or clamped to the table, and a cutter in the mill, would you mind taking a few photos and putting them up. Let people see how your mill accommodates a 6" rotary table. Thanks.

Hi, not sure what you wanted to see re rotary table, however here are a couple of pics.

004.jpg

005.jpg

I have a 9 x 42 Bridgeport and my rotary table is a Troyke 15" Horizontal it works nice for flywheel when I revamp them to fit different engines. The Bridgeport ram moves in and out so I have lots of travel to accommodate the things I put on it.

Todd

Latest posts

Back