Rotary Steam Regulator

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

around

Reaction score
I have uploaded plans for a rotary steam regulator that I constructed for my D10 powered steam tug. The regulator is designed for RC servo control.

Cheers,

Adrian

Throttle and Lubricator.JPG

View attachment Regulator Drawings - Imperial Ver 2.pdf

Thanks Adrian, I've squirreled that one away for when my boat project gets up and running.

Thanks Adrian. A nice design and it look cool too.

Many thanks I have just finished my steam control valve and thought I could improve on it these plans are the answer thanks again.
Mark

Could anybody explain how the valve remains seated to the intake?

MCR,

Pressure inside the regulator body keeps the valve firmly seated whenever it is covering all (or any) of the outlet port. The valve "floats" on the drive shaft to ensure that this sealing can take place. Lapping to valve to the body ensures that the seal does not leak. I run the valve at 60 psi and it seals nicely on both air and steam.

Cheers,

Adrian

Silly me got it now the intake and out put tubes wrong way around in my head !

The regulator was designed to fit onto the D10 steam manifold with a displacement lubricator. The space restrictions in the hull of the model meant that the regulator sits below the manifold with the displacement regulator plugged into the normal manifold input port. Hence, the output is at the top.

Cheers,

Adrian

Still needs a little lapping I think but many thanks for the design and your help Adrian
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNSuMjkFRzM[/ame]
Mark

Latest posts

Back