Ray HasBrouck Book

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philjoe5

Reaction score
A book about Ray HasBrouck and his model engines is now available from Village Press:

https://secure.villagepress.com/store/items/detail/item/2612

If I could point to one guy who lit the fire under me and generated my interest and enthusiasm for model engines Ray is the man. I met him at Cabin Fever shows before he passed away and he was not only a master modeller but a true gentleman. Cheers RayThm:

Phil

Yeah, Ray was a great guy. I met him at a Yankee Steamup at the Wireless museum in Rhode Island about 1987. That day I also bought a lathe from a guy and then a kit from Ray to make his #4 engine. That became the first thing I made of metal and launched me into model engineering. I saw Ray at many shows after that, and created the web site for him. I could never get him interested in a computer or email. He asked me if I would keep his plans available after his passing and I promised to do that. I realized I could only do that for a few years ( I am 71 now) so I asked George Bulliss if Village Press would do a book. That should keep them available for many years.

The announcement is for a 'pre publication' sale, the book won't be out until about mid-August.

I will continue to sell the plans on the web site for a while. The plans are somewhat reduced size in the book from the original. I will probably remove the Buy It button from the web site as I sell the last copy of each full size plans. If you really want one of Rays plans in full size this will be the last chance.

I still hold the original linen drawings. I would like to see them preserved in some museum or library but I don't know where that would be. I want to be sure its a place that will preserve them. Any suggestions are welcome.

Back